Part-time PM&R Positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medschoolready95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a rising second year medical student interested in PM&R. I was wondering what the job prospects are for physiatrists interested in part-time positions? I plan to work part-time particularly early on in my career post-residency. Should I expect to have any difficulties finding part-time positions?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of options for part time. On top of my head I can think of openings for part time MSK, covering weekends in the hospital, consult service, EMG, injections, industry etc. Half way through your residency you will have a better idea which is still 4-5 years away for you.

Plenty of options for part time. On top of my head I can think of openings for part time MSK, covering weekends in the hospital, consult service, EMG, injections, industry etc. Half way through your residency you will have a better idea which is still 4-5 years away for you.
Thank you! This is helpful to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I am a rising second year medical student interested in PM&R. I was wondering what the job prospects are for physiatrists interested in part-time positions? I plan to work part-time particularly early on in my career post-residency. Should I expect to have any difficulties finding part-time positions?

Thank you!

No there are plenty of opportunities for part time work in PM&R. should have no problem.

Where can you find part time injections? Just curious.

Where can you find part time injections? Just curious.
word of mouth. Also check all job websites like indeed, doccafe, practice link, doximity, AAPM&R and linkedin.

I dunno, some of those part time injection jobs seem a little shady. Usually some company no one has ever heard of such as 'heath care health care associates'. A lot of time they are wanting you to supervise mid-levels even when you aren't on the job site who are doing any number of injections. Most seem to be through recruiting agencies. Anyways, just not something I would want to do...

But definitely there are locums jobs for EMGs and there are many disability companies looking for PM&R doctors to do disability exams and some are contracted with the VA. I think COVID has caused a lot of these part-time and locums jobs to fill up, but 5 years down the road is a different story. There are also weekend coverage options in IPR facilities but may not be available locally. You can also work for the BWC but usually takes about 1 year post residency to get in.

Reactions: 1 user