Part I exam question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cattooth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I remembered one of the Part I questions on my exam. Which one is the essential fatty acid(EFA)? I do not recall the list of choices given. But, I never heard of EFA but aminod acid. I was not dreaming, does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

cattooth said:
Hi all,
I remembered one of the Part I questions on my exam. Which one is the essential fatty acid(EFA)? I do not recall the list of choices given. But, I never heard of EFA but aminod acid. I was not dreaming, does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
thanks Cattooth for sharing.
I never heard it neither.
As far as I know Fats are saturate and nonsaturated.

hmm.. good fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acid or linolenic acid are essential
mam6701e said:

cattooth said:
Hi all,

Thanks,

omega-3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) -- Most essential (modern health terminology) &

omega-6 (linoleic acid)

These two fatty acids cannot be synthesised by humans, as humans lack the desaturase enzymes required for their production. They form the starting point for the creation of longer and more desaturated fatty acids, which are also referred to as long-chain polyunsaturates.

Members don't see this ad :)
rahmed said:
omega-3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) -- Most essential (modern health terminology) &

omega-6 (linoleic acid)

These two fatty acids cannot be synthesised by humans, as humans lack the desaturase enzymes required for their production. They form the starting point for the creation of longer and more desaturated fatty acids, which are also referred to as long-chain polyunsaturates:

Thanks for clarification , I chosed Linoleic acid because I had no clue...

mam6701e said:
You are welcome!

mam6701e said:

It's their in Lippincott's Biochemistry book.

g3k said:
It's in KAPLAN as well. :)
u r right. They are in Kaplan book. I only read half of Kaplan, half of Dental Decks and went over once of all released papers. I could not remember all the things I just did once :( . I scored 84 but I want to re-take it in August.
Another question--
2.5 and 3 years after tooth eruption(permanent teeth), what percentage of calcification are completed.

cattooth said:
u r right. They are in Kaplan book. I only read half of Kaplan, half of Dental Decks and went over once of all released papers. I could not remember all the things I just did once :( . I scored 84 but I want to re-take it in August.
Another question--
2.5 and 3 years after tooth eruption(permanent teeth), what percentage of calcification are completed.

I thought everything is completed after 3 years, so I'd guess 100.

that was my answer on the exam. But I was not sure. Any other thoughts??