****Para Todos Los Latinos official thread****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonrie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up my latin people? Como estan? Since all the other latin threads have been vacant since i don't know when, i would like to give all latinos a new thread for 2009! If you are Latino OR Latina, REPRESENTA! Make some noise!!!!!!!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Sonrie, que tal? Yo bien por aqui luchando por las notas! Great idea to start a Latin thread. I'm taking the DAT in May and will apply early to improve my chances. I'm also working and hoping to get accepted to a post bac program in my #1 school.

I got a booklet from the ADA about minorities in dental school. It's very interesting to see all the stats and info about minority students already in dental school.

Bueno, saludos a todos y mucha suerte este semestre!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
futuredentist09 so hows marquette? was that your number one school? el plan mio es tomar el DAT este Junio. En este momento estoy escribiendo el Personal Statement, y estoy teniendo problemas en como hacerlo. Si tienen consejos en como hacerlo o como lo hicieron estaria bien! hasta luego:D

Hola amigos! No soy un hispano pero mi especialidad de estudio es Espanol. Que divertido, espero que todos alcanzan a ser aceptados a escuela de odontologos!

Ahora yo estoy en el juego de esperar. !Esperenme aceptacion!

futuredentist09 so hows marquette? was that your number one school? el plan mio es tomar el DAT este Junio. En este momento estoy escribiendo el Personal Statement, y estoy teniendo problemas en como hacerlo. Si tienen consejos en como hacerlo o como lo hicieron estaria bien! hasta luego:D

I don't start at Marquette until the end of Aug. It was in my top 3... Pitt/Marquette/Ohio State. Yo tome mi DAT en Junio, yo creo que es buen tiempo. El PS es deficil, I posted a workshop I thougth was helpful a few days back... this is the link...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=597477
te voy a mandar un pm con el PS que yo mande. I wrote 8 personal statements before I wrote a winner, it takes time so don't feel discouraged if your first go at it isn't great.

Good to see there are a few other hispanic predents. Keep trying to accomplish your dreams because we as future healthcare professionals have a big responsibility. We have to be leaders in the hispanic community and role models for the younger generation. God bless everyone.

I am a Latina, born in Brazil (so I speak Portuguese :D)
Latina nonetheless because I also speak Spanish, so count me in!:thumbup:

I don't start at Marquette until the end of Aug. It was in my top 3... Pitt/Marquette/Ohio State. Yo tome mi DAT en Junio, yo creo que es buen tiempo. El PS es deficil, I posted a workshop I thougth was helpful a few days back... this is the link...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=597477
te voy a mandar un pm con el PS que yo mande. I wrote 8 personal statements before I wrote a winner, it takes time so don't feel discouraged if your first go at it isn't great.

Oye, me lo puedes enviar a mi tambien? Mi problema es que tengo tanta passion for "dientes y pacientes" que no encuentro como escribirlo mas corto! LOL!!! Congratulations on getting accepted!!!! OMG! I can't wait!!!! Marquette me interesa mucho. Regresa y cuentanos como son las classes aya. Gracias!

Good to see there are a few other hispanic predents. Keep trying to accomplish your dreams because we as future healthcare professionals have a big responsibility. We have to be leaders in the hispanic community and role models for the younger generation. God bless everyone.

"Si se puede" love it!!!! Has escuchado "Obamanos"??? Es comico...

Mama Dental aqui ya ayudando a mi gente latina en una clinica donde 99% de los pacientes son latinos! Ando un poco perdida con las palabras de odontologia en espanol....Endodoncia = root canal.....:laugh: I forgot all the terminology..

Oye, me lo puedes enviar a mi tambien? Mi problema es que tengo tanta passion for "dientes y pacientes" que no encuentro como escribirlo mas corto! LOL!!! Congratulations on getting accepted!!!! OMG! I can't wait!!!! Marquette me interesa mucho. Regresa y cuentanos como son las classes aya. Gracias!

enviado...

Thank you! I'll let you know how Marquette is...

Que padre que todos estamos aqui hablando de nuestro futuro profesion. Quiero saber algo, como estudiaron ustedes para el DAT? en este momento estoy usado el Kaplan BB, AP Baron's Bio and i'm thinking of purchasing the DAT Destroyer and the TopScorer seria una buena idea?

gracias!:)

I am a Latina, born in Brazil (so I speak Portuguese :D)
Latina nonetheless because I also speak Spanish, so count me in!:thumbup:

Yayy, good to see another person from Brazil here. You have amazing stats, very good job. Lets unite all of the latinos here :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yayy, good to see another person from Brazil here. You have amazing stats, very good job. Lets unite all of the latinos here :p

Obrigada Frederico! sabia que seu nome era portugues
( I assume you speak Portuguese, right? :D)

Obrigada Frederico! sabia que seu nome era portugues
( I assume you speak Portuguese, right? :D)

Oie Tudo joia? Voce e a terceira pessoa brasileira que eu achei nesti site. Me desculpa, mas o meu portugues ta muito mal hahaha. Voce tem orkut? hahaha

pressone.jpg

i keed, i keed,

fellow hispanic here, but i dont speak spanish

Que padre que todos estamos aqui hablando de nuestro futuro profesion. Quiero saber algo, como estudiaron ustedes para el DAT? en este momento estoy usado el Kaplan BB, AP Baron's Bio and i'm thinking of purchasing the DAT Destroyer and the TopScorer seria una buena idea?

gracias!:)

I used Kaplan BB, DAT Destroyer, Acheiver, Crack the DAT PAT/Math, and Topscore. I studied 3-4 weeks.

Yo represento todos los latinos as well. I want to congratulate everyone here because I know it is hard for latinos to become dentist and doctors. I also know that most of us will problaby be the first to have a college degree in our family and that will set an example for our younger siblings. Por eso digo es importantante seguir trabajando duro por el futuro de nosotros, y tambien de nuestros hermanos. Ariba todos los latinos in the U.S.:thumbup:

Hello all! I'm Latino, I'm from Brazil!! Good luck to everybody!
Agora sao 4 Brasileiros :thumbup:

Aeeee Mais um brasileiro na lista agora. Que bom.
McVinnie, which dental school did you graduate from?

UNIFOR - Universidade de Fortaleza. Also, I'm graduating from a MPH program at the University of Rochester. You?

enviado...

Thank you! I'll let you know how Marquette is...

Gracias!!!!!! I really liked your statement! Very well written and from the heart! Great flow of words and ideas. I'll make sure I pay attention to all of those details. Buena suerte!!!

UNIFOR - Universidade de Fortaleza. Also, I'm graduating from a MPH program at the University of Rochester. You?

Thats nice to know you actually graduated from a brazilian dental school. Well, I am finishing up my bachelors in Biochemistry at VCU and applying to dental school in the 2010 cycle.

Are any of you applying to schools with high Hispanic acceptance at all? Is that a big factor for you? I noticed that most of the schools that I'm planning to apply to, do accept few Hispanics....

Holaaa mi gente Latina!! Saludos a todos, a mi me aceptaron en University of Rochester y estoy supperrrr feliz! Les deseo lo mejor!!!

Cuales escuelas estan aceptado hispanos? Is there schools that are accepting more hispanics than other ethnicities? :)

Hola chicos! :D Any Mexican or Salvadorians out there from a fellow Mex/Salvi.
I've been truly blessed in my application process and all my hard work has paid off. I got accepted into a couple of schools this year and have decided on UCLA. I'm originally form L.A. and i'm glad to go back.

Feel free to ask me any questions since I'm done with the grueling application process.

Holaaa mi gente Latina!! Saludos a todos, a mi me aceptaron en University of Rochester y estoy supperrrr feliz! Les deseo lo mejor!!!

Hey Xander25, when did you get the response from Rochester?
Congratulations!!:thumbup:

Hey Xander25, when did you get the response from Rochester?
Congratulations!!:thumbup:
Hey McVinnie , I just received their call last Wednesday now I' m waiting for the acceptance letter so I can get my student visa. I soooooo excited!!!! I would like to contact u so u can give some info...Thanxssss!!

Hi
even I have applied to the marquette. Is there a bench test for the foriegn trained dentist? When do they hold their interviews?

Hey McVinnie , I just received their call last Wednesday now I' m waiting for the acceptance letter so I can get my student visa. I soooooo excited!!!! I would like to contact u so u can give some info...Thanxssss!!
I applied to the AEGD program too. So far I did not receive any calls, so I assume it wasn't this time....:(. I am finishing a masters program here in Rochester, but it is not at Eastman dental.
Again, congratulations!!!

Hello everybody, Im Latina, and Im super happy to see that there is a lot of response to this thread.
I moved to the U.S, almost 10 months ago. Im a certified Dentist in Mexico and Im looking for a job as a Dental Assistant.I live in Wisconsin.
I do have a working permit and ssn. I start to apply for new jobs since the beggining of January and so far I havent been lucky. All my experience and references are from Mexico, so I dont know if that is not helping me to find a job. Do you guys have any sugestion or tips? so I can get a job. I already spoke with the A.D.A and the Dental Assistant National Board, everything looks pretty easy because I have all the requirements, but is not working at all. Should I be more patient?
Tks a lot

I applied to the AEGD program too. So far I did not receive any calls, so I assume it wasn't this time....:(. I am finishing a masters program here in Rochester, but it is not at Eastman dental.
Again, congratulations!!!

Oh I see....well I wish u the best! I hope u can get it next year! If u need anything in the future just contact me! Suerte!

Solo les digo que no pierdan las esperanzas... el trabajo duro vale la pena! asi q sigan intentando y NO se conformen con un NO!! God Bless!!

Oh I see....well I wish u the best! I hope u can get it next year! If u need anything in the future just contact me! Suerte!
Thanks! Good luck at the program. Hope you don't mind the cold! :)
Here it is really cold!
See you

Hola chicos! :D Any Mexican or Salvadorians out there from a fellow Mex/Salvi.
I've been truly blessed in my application process and all my hard work has paid off. I got accepted into a couple of schools this year and have decided on UCLA. I'm originally form L.A. and i'm glad to go back.

Feel free to ask me any questions since I'm done with the grueling application process.

Que pasa bro! me da gusto que estas siguiendo tu profesion, pero dime algo como estuvo tu entrevista? y tu personal statement como lo hiciste o que le pusiste.echale ganas brother!:)

Cool thread! I'm from Brazil and I have been living in Wisconsin since 2002.

Solo les digo que no pierdan las esperanzas... el trabajo duro vale la pena! asi q sigan intentando y NO se conformen con un NO!! God Bless!!

Gracias por tus palabras de apoyo! Aveces necesitamos escucharlas cuando la cosa se pone color de hormiga!:love:

Gracias por tus palabras de apoyo! Aveces necesitamos escucharlas cuando la cosa se pone color de hormiga!:love:
No por favor cuando quieras , tenemos q mantenernos unidos!

Retroceder nunca, rendirme jamas!:)

Retroceder nunca, rendirme jamas!:)

Hola a todo los latinos!! aca un abrazo desde Buffalo de la Chilena..muy feliz en mi escuela, aunque me hacen sufrir harto, pero creo que vale la pena..asi que sigan adelante y mucha fuerza...Vamos que se puede!!!

Has everyone taken there DAT? I'm taking it in July. Quiero saber donde estan ustedes en el proceso?