Pants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldShadow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EMT pants that is! I'm looking to buy a new pair and was wondering where you guys get/got yours or what you'd recommend. I've found a few decent deals online but was looking for other opinions and suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I always was fond of the pants that were provided to me by all the companies I have worked for. After all, if it's free, it's for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
The new 5.11 EMT pants are very comfortable especially with the built in knee pads. I wear them all the time and they never give me a problem. They come with a lot of pockets(of course anything 5.11 makes has a lot of pockets) and hold up great in all sorts of weather. I recomend them if you are willing to spend the 50 dollars for them.

I have used the pants from Galls in the past and they were pretty good although the quality seems to have dropped from the ones I used to get from them about 10 years ago. I used to wear them in the ED until I started wearing the Aviator scrub pants.

I agree that free pants are pretty attractive but there are some features I'm willing to pay for. I really like the rubberized band inside the waist band that keeps your shirt tucked in. Since the Aviators don't have it I miss that. I also really like the gusseted crotch. When you bend over it's nice to feel like your pants aren't fighting you and aren't about to give up on you. I also liked the larger belt loops. I liked being able to wear a real belt. If you've ever had to carry a phone and >3 pagers a belt can save you from accidentally exposing yourself to the ED.

I have used the pants from Galls in the past and they were pretty good although the quality seems to have dropped from the ones I used to get from them about 10 years ago. I used to wear them in the ED until I started wearing the Aviator scrub pants.

I agree that free pants are pretty attractive but there are some features I'm willing to pay for. I really like the rubberized band inside the waist band that keeps your shirt tucked in. Since the Aviators don't have it I miss that. I also really like the gusseted crotch. When you bend over it's nice to feel like your pants aren't fighting you and aren't about to give up on you. I also liked the larger belt loops. I liked being able to wear a real belt. If you've ever had to carry a phone and >3 pagers a belt can save you from accidentally exposing yourself to the ED.

I agree esp in an EMS uniform shirt the rubber waist band helps out a lot..