Panicking Pre-Dent recently finished my Undergrad, not sure whats next`

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentAlberta

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need to bring up the GPA, and/or kill the DAT. A friend of mine has a similar GPA and even though he got a 22/23 TS and AA, he still only has 1 interview. You may not have an issue if you do similarly well on the DAT, but it will likely be easier if you bring the GPA up rather than score in the 99.99%ile for the test. Plus I know Canadian schools are extremely competitive, so keep that in mind if you want to study there or in the USA

Don't feel lost or that you have no options. Since you obviously have the drive and ambition to keep pursuing this field, I would suggest that you take a graduate program that you are interested in and do very well in it. You can opt for any program, SMP or otherwise, and as long as you do well and you show that you are committed, you should have opportunities. I would suggest you do plenty of EC and take on leadership positions, do some research if possible.

Remember, not everyone is perfect from the beginning and overcoming these obstacles is now part of your journey. If you need any help or want more advice, you can PM me.

Last edited:
Panicking and worrying is not productive.
Do well on your GPA like atleast 20 and do a masters or get into one of the dental masters program that tutors your for the DAT.