*panic mode* tomorrow is the day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mackaikai

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok...i'm taking my step 1 tomorrow. and i woke up this morning realizing i don't know anything! i did ok on qbank and NBME and i studied pretty hard for the past month but i still feel like i don't know anything!

i opened up first aid and i was like "wow, i can't even remember these"

*panic mode* turned on by cholera (on-on), or it might be pertussi (off-off)

cAMP level spiking and urinary cAMP level is increased too!

i'm sure my cortisol level is mad high and epinephrine is out the chart

@#IL$ERNM@IJ$IO$#J$@

i'm screwed.

Members don't see this ad.

mackaikai said:
i'm screwed.

No, you're not. Focus that nervous energy on the test. You've studied really hard and you know a lot. When you get a question that you don't get right away, just take a couple of deep breaths and reread it...you know what the answer should be, just try to figure out what exactly they're asking you.

mackaikai said:
ok...i'm taking my step 1 tomorrow. and i woke up this morning realizing i don't know anything! i did ok on qbank and NBME and i studied pretty hard for the past month but i still feel like i don't know anything!

@#IL$ERNM@IJ$IO$#J$@

i'm screwed.
there's always next time. just be sure to post the details after you finish. :thumbup: :thumbup:

acab said:
No, you're not. Focus that nervous energy on the test. You've studied really hard and you know a lot. When you get a question that you don't get right away, just take a couple of deep breaths and reread it...you know what the answer should be, just try to figure out what exactly they're asking you.
if you get a question you don't know, you might just want to skip it. a lot times when you come back to it, you'll find that you actually can figure it out but just had a 'brain fart.'

Members don't see this ad :)
keeping-it-real said:
if you get a question you don't know, you might just want to skip it. a lot times when you come back to it, you'll find that you actually can figure it out but just had a 'brain fart.'
took usmle friday...

imagine my dismay when I woke up and realized that I had to do it ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW. (COMLEX)

I'm totally with ya, mackaikai...but y'know what? after this you are a FREE PERSON! Good luck!

thanks for the support guys.

i'll report back with my experience tomorrow night

by the way, what food should i bring to the test center? any recommendation?

lord_jeebus said:
Besides my lunch, I brought a bunch of bananas and ate one after every block.
for some reason after reading that, I thought about chimps gettin rewards after doing a tasks...... wonderful boards ay

mackaikai said:
thanks for the support guys.

i'll report back with my experience tomorrow night

by the way, what food should i bring to the test center? any recommendation?

trail mix all the way.....when i took my test, i definitely wasn't very hungry throughout the day, but munching on some good trail mix at every break helped me out tremendously. g'luck

My test is tomorrow too and I feel EXACTLY the same way. How is it possible to study for 6 weeks and know NOTHING?

(Clearly, it's not! We know stuff!)

mackaikai said:

@#IL$ERNM@IJ$IO$#J$@

i'm screwed.

My test is tomorrow as well. I'm watching Smallville right now, and then I'm going to catch game 2 of the NBA finals.

Go Mavs!

mackaikai said:
yah i'm going to watch NBA too, hehe, go Mavs
ditto ditto GO MAVS!

...can't watch, but I'll keep up with the score online...

JayZee said:
ditto ditto GO MAVS!

...can't watch, but I'll keep up with the score online...

My parents are at the game right now. Its $50-$60 for parking if you don't have season tickets. Good thing they do.

OSUdoc08 said:
My parents are at the game right now. Its $50-$60 for parking if you don't have season tickets. Good thing they do.
Not that I could go or anything...but that's so COOL!!!!!!!!!!