Technology Palm software (ePocrates) for Mac OS X?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captaincrunch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of software will only run on PDAs synchronized with PCs. Does anyone know of any way to get some of these programs, ePocrates in particular, on a Macintosh? Does anyone know of a PDR or Drugs A to Z program that is compatible with a Mac? Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

For some reason PDA support for Macs is very poor. Palms work better, but Pocket PCs do not support Macs at all. So I would guess that companies are not very tempted to develop a client for Mac. I am not aware of ePocrates for Mac at this point...

leo

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone else was wondering, Skyscape programs can be installed from Macintosh computers fairly easily. To install Skyscape programs, you have to find all of the .pdb and .prc files and install them directly. The .exe installer will not work with a Mac. The SmARTJpet.prc and SmARTRender.prc need to be installed only once.
As well, Mosby's Drug guide, which can be downloaded from MDConsult.com and runs on Mobipocket, can also be installed from a Mac.

Cheers