Pain Medicine Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painballer27

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a 4th year med student starting a pain medicine rotation and some point and would like to be as knowledgable as possible going in as I am interested in pain medicine as a career. I've read the chapter on pain in this book and it is a pretty good overview, but I wondering if anyone knew of any resources where I could learn about the various procedures and know what I'm looking at under fluoro as far as landmarks, etc. If there's anything else that you think would be beneficial please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Things I ask students about:

1. Spine/neuro anatomy
2. Spine/neuro anatomy
3. Spine/neuro anatomy
4. Physical Exam
5. Medications

I don't think I've ever quizzed students on procedures.

Reactions: 2 users
Things I ask students about:

1. Spine/neuro anatomy
2. Spine/neuro anatomy
3. Spine/neuro anatomy
4. Physical Exam
5. Medications

I don't think I've ever quizzed students on procedures.

Thanks. I will make sure to review those

Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody here started this website, it’s a free resource, probably better for your purposes then buying something.

That's exactly what I was looking for actually. Thank you and thanks to whoever made the site.

As in any rotation, pay attention and try to help when needed. There are students that observe and find they can help to prep/set up, help with consent, etc. There are others who stand there against the wall and try to think of questions to show how smart they are.

Reactions: 1 user