Pain Management: Least competitive programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joethestuff

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some help here. I just recently determined I want to do a pain fellowship for '06-'07 but its a little late in the application process it would appear.

Before going through EVERY pain fellowship website on ACGME, I thought I would start you with SDN for any insights on programs still accepting applications or those that might be a little easier to get into.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Try the two Detroit programs: Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State/Detroit Medical Center. Both have a lot of pathology, a lot of procedures, but under-rated because they're in Detroit

chinochulo said:
Even the non-competitive programs have pretty much their pick of candidates, as everyone seems to want to go into pain medicine this year; you would do better to apply for a january spot at a handful of fellowships that have them. Or, you could just wait until someone drops right before they start (more common than you think).

If someone drops just prior to the start of a fellowship, how does that program find a replacement? Do they just start calling previous candidates they didn't accept, do they advertise in a journal, go by word of mouth, or start a thread on this board :D