Pacific University Class of 2022 (looking for a roomie)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phamcst22

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I Was hoping to connect with anyone attending the pharmacy program at Pacific in Oregon 2019. I am also hoping to find a roommate to live near campus. A female :)
Congrats on all who have gotten accepted, can't wait to meet everyone to begin the journey!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I Was hoping to connect with anyone attending the pharmacy program at Pacific in Oregon 2019. I am also hoping to find a roommate to live near campus. A female :)
Congrats on all who have gotten accepted, can't wait to meet everyone to begin the journey!
Why are you excited to begin on your journey to unemployment + a huge debt burden?

Reactions: 7 users
Pharmacy Class Threads

Attention to detail is quite lacking. And even the tagline states "For current PharmD students and practitioners."

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations!

According to www.bestpharmacyschools.org

#83 Pacific University Oregon 92 92% 85.06% Average

yikes..

According to www.bestpharmacyschools.org

#83 Pacific University Oregon 92 92% 85.06% Average

yikes..
Don’t worry, I predict that by the time she graduates NABP will have watered down the exam so much that the NAPLEX will be a near 100% pass rate for everyone due to the number of diploma mills springing up and the increased “pressure” that puts on NABP and the state boards of pharmacy to get everyone licensed. To compensate, they will jack up the prices of licensure, so it will cost $1,000 to take the NAPLEX and $500 to take your MPJE.

Conversely, if there are decreasing numbers of applicants and reduced class sizes, then NABP will have to again upcharge on these exams to keep their coffers full.

Any way I see it, pharmacy is turning into a pay-to-play scheme of a profession (with no guarantees of a job).

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t worry, I predict that by the time she graduates NABP will have watered down the exam so much that the NAPLEX will be a near 100% pass rate for everyone due to the number of diploma mills springing up and the increased “pressure” that puts on NABP and the state boards of pharmacy to get everyone licensed. To compensate, they will jack up the prices of licensure, so it will cost $1,000 to take the NAPLEX and $500 to take your MPJE.

Conversely, if there are decreasing numbers of applicants and reduced class sizes, then NABP will have to again upcharge on these exams to keep their coffers full.

Any way I see it, pharmacy is turning into a pay-to-play scheme of a profession (with no guarantees of a job).
ABSOLUTELY LOVE this analysis and couldn't agree more. Deans will increase pressure on the regulating bodies to ease up on the NAPLX. Government agrees as long as they can increase prices. Everyone gets paid off. Deans get ez fed money, NAPLX gets ez fee money. Only real losers are the students and the public backing these loans.

You will likely come out of Pacific with close to 200k in debt after tuition and cost of living. With the poor job market now and projected to get worse, this is a bad financial decision. Please think twice before taking on this permanent debt.

This is coming from a pharmacist who loves his job but I can no longer recommend pharmacy school given the cost and job market. I think it is a bad decision, unless you are coming out debt free or minimal debt.

Reactions: 3 users
Goodluck with your endeavours. Biggest advice is to find a place near the train. Save you some future headaches. Also if you find a cute studio, you dont have to share! COL is doable.

I suggest you check out my review of the school. I honestly wish someone had given me an honest reflection of thier time at PSOP before I attended. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. However, as others have said, Pharmacy is dead. Read my review and then think hard and make sure you have a plan for the future.

hey! i too am looking for a roommate. have you found anyone, or are you still looking?

Outside of what the FB group has, I just recently signed a lease contract for a 4 bed / 3 bath house for rent within 10 minutes of the building. Some apartments are near, but most of the incoming students seem to be looking at Orenco Gardens Apartments for roomies (mostly females). I highly doubt many of them traffic through SDN, but mention it once again on the FB group. I'm sure you'd be bound to find someone.