PA school reps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipPA

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to choose between a couple of different PA schools in both Michigan and Illinois. Has anybody heard anything about any of the PA schools in these states? Also, could anyone give me any info on how I might better research PA school rankings and reputations? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Look for the US News best graduate schools magazine in the bookstore. I know they rank PT, OT, NP, MD, Pharmacy, along with law, business, and engineering schools.

I cannot remember if they listed PA schools in there because at the time I was looking at the magazine I was finishing up my pre reqs to apply to MD/DO school. I have since decided to go the PA route without regret.

I will be by the major bookstore in my town later today and will post if I can find the magazine.

Something else you might consider. Schools that have MD/DO schools might have better PA schools. I know the Univ of Utah, Florida, Duke , Emory, UAB, Nova(DO), and Wake Forest all have medical programs as well as PA school programs (and there are many more).

I know one of the schools I am interested in does not do cadaver anatomy, well, I did cadaver anatomy and neuroanatomy in physical therapy school. These were awesome classes and I would like to go back through them again.

Take care,

FuturePA

Great post FuturePA! If you don't mind me inquiring, what schools have you applied to? I was also in the PT field, just curious. Thanks for all of the great posts!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
keep in mind that us news only rates graduate level pa programs so some of the best like UW are not ranked because they grant a BS

Crawgator,

I am in the early stages, I have all the pre reqs for the PA schools I am looking at which include Univ of Fla(I am from Fla), U of Utah(did a PT clinical there and love to snow ski), Emory(I have family in Atlanta, and Wake Forest(Family in NC). There are many more. I have been in the South for most of my college which included Arkansas(BA biology) and South Alabama(PT), so I might consider going out of the southern region as well.

Emedpa,

Yes, you are right. I failed to mention that. I was thinking from my own experience. I graduated with a bachelors in biology and a BS in PT. I wish I had gone the MS route for PT but the school were mostly private at that time or out of state with higher tuition.

Although, I would encourage anyone applying these days to go for the Masters's programs if they can, because it looks like all PA programs are heading for the Masters level as have all PT programs.

Thanks, Future PA