PA for Foreign Medical Grad.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luna_nc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All:

This is my very first post here. I need some advice or pointers.

I graduated from a medical school in Bangladesh in 1997. Originally, I thought I would finish USMLE and do medical residency. But now, I have a daughter and I don't want to go through the whole USMLE/Residency stuff. But at the same time I want to stay in the clinical area.

So, I am looking into PA program. I don't mean to be arrogant or anything. But I wish I could directly get into the PA program with perhaps GRE or such. I confident I can easily handle the coursework in PA program.

Does anyone know of any PA program that are not too strict about course requirements to apply to PA program? Its hard for me to take classes with labs etc. Once I get admitted, thats a different scenario. My husband will reduce his workload.

I would appreciate any general advice that would help me. Thanks and have a great day.

Luna
Durham, North Carolina.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not aware of any programs that will waive their prerequesites for a foreign medical grad...Perhaps will be more lenient than others in issuing credit for previous coursework though...