PA Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bopper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My daughter was originally thinking pre-med and took all of the pre-med prequisites (got her degree in Psychology) but decided senior year that Med School was not the path for her. She is currently considering PA. She has worked as a medical assistant (takes history, BP, Pulse, weight,) for two years. She is now taking Anatomy and Physiology at the local Community college as that will be needed for PA. Where would you recommend she go to get more information on the PA application process and what is realistic in terms of GPA, Work needed, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

My fiancee did the same thing. She was pre-med but decided her senior year that Med School wasn't her path. She was just accepted to Creighton PA school and starts in August. Most are requiring the GRE so she will need to do that. My fiancee did the same thing working as a CMA and got accepted. She did have a high GPA and a good GRE score. My suggestion is to first call a PA school near you and see if you can set up an appointment with an advisor to discuss requirements and steps. The programs are between 24 and 30 months and prices vary quite a bit. She suggests going to a school that also has a med school there seems to be more support and opportunities at those schools. Some of the classes are taught with the first year med students at some of the schools. Good Luck! Look at Become a PA

My daughter was originally thinking pre-med and took all of the pre-med prequisites (got her degree in Psychology) but decided senior year that Med School was not the path for her. She is currently considering PA. She has worked as a medical assistant (takes history, BP, Pulse, weight,) for two years. She is now taking Anatomy and Physiology at the local Community college as that will be needed for PA. Where would you recommend she go to get more information on the PA application process and what is realistic in terms of GPA, Work needed, etc?