P/S: How to stop getting 50/50's wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacrossegirl420

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the content very well for this section, but whenever I run into 50/50's on AAMC materials (and there seem to be a TON of them...) I almost always end up choosing the wrong answer. Like whenever I think I found a "trick", it turns out I was supposed to choose the obvious / "common sense" answer. And then when I feel like I'm supposed to choose the common sense answer, there was some trick thrown in I was supposed to recognize. Ugh. Any pieces of advice?

Members don't see this ad.

When you see 50/50’s, write the question number and make sure to thoroughly review what specifically led you hesitate (Wording? Lack of Knowledge?, etc). You need to conquer those 50/50’s if you want to get 130+.

Reactions: 1 user
Choose the other answer
This^^^^. We don't know you, but you know yourself. If it's turning out your instincts for this just suck, resist your impulses and pick the other answer. If this works in practice, it will probably work on the real thing. What other advice can a group of anonymous strangers give you????

It comes with time, but throughly looking at why you missed a certain question will help you understand certain trends. You will miss some 50/50s on the real MCAT but the most important thing is not to dwell on them too long where you end up burning valuable time to address other CARS passages and questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user