***Oversupply of Pharmacists***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see the big deal. If you are banned can't you just make up a new username and come back the next day? LOL...I don't see the big deal at all.

I don't see the big deal. If you are banned can't you just make up a new username and come back the next day? LOL...I don't see the big deal at all.

"They" can also ban your IP address. But it is just an internet forum after all...

I'll bet ya less than half of the people on here know what a proxy is used for, much less how to use it to register again on a forum here (nor would take the time to learn how.)

Go on 4chan and learn it then come back here.

Members don't see this ad :)
After a good 6 months, I have been hired by a hospital in my area. Woo hoo! Been in retail for more than 20yrs, so there will definitely be a big learning curve. I am definitely up for the challenge though!:)

People are forgetting one thing, which is automation in the future where at least some of your medication dispersal and patient consultations could be done by a machine. Heck, patient consultations could be outsourced as well only if we hadn't had disasters with customer service with companies like Dell.

Even if you get ip banned you can come back with a proxy.

or you can just change your IP address. It's actually not hard at all if you know how :p but I'd say like >90% people don't know how to do it anyway.

Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? I wonder if there'll ever be machines like that that you sit in and they diagnose you. "You've got hepatitis" (in an AOL you've got mail voice).

I'll tell you what I know.

Mountain (1R) ---> Black Lotus (3G) ---> Channel with 2G, leaving 1G floating for colorless, tap R for Fireball activation energy, Channel 1 colorless + 19 life = 20 to the dome.

I never had a Mox Ruby so I had to get a Mtn. More reliable that way regardless.

Didn't have to worry about Force of Will until Legends (Or.. was it Alliances?) woot woot :D After Alliances/Legends, though... that was a very risky move because they toss a card, cs your 19 life fb, and then use a prick like Son to kill you, and laugh maniacally. Good. Times.

MtG C/O 1993.

I remember back when mirrodin had just hit. I bought 4 proteus staffs and 4 isochron scepters. I put 2 terrors and two raise the alarms on the scepters, brought out some cloudposts, and shuffled tokens (raise the alarm = 2 1/1 creature tokens) and timber wolves (1/1 fs, 1W) to bring out my Akroma (6/6, pro from all colors except white I think), Platinum Angel (while in play, I can't lose the game), and just stupidly high costing creatures (exalted angel x 4 + aov x 4) with flying and just tore my opponent apart. People tried to toss down WOG and stuff, but boom, 4 1/1 soldier tokens back the next turn + proteus staff = not much effect. That was fun until other people started copying me. :/

phathead, is your avatar sped up 2x or 3x?

Either that or I'm having serious delusions.

Doesn't work, I wrote a lengthy post once explaining everything and most people either ignored or went on their way complaining

link?

or repost?

I'd love to read your argument/explanation

you can even just pm it to me if you don't want to open up that can of worms again.

Maybe.. I can think of at least two schools that were supposed to open next year but aren't: USF and another school whose name has escaped me but there is a huge thread about it somewhere. Hopefully the financial downturn plus the lack of jobs will both slow the expansion of some of these schools and prevent future applicants from applying. I think the best way for this to happen is dissemination of the knowledge that the field is saturated via word of mouth and through pharmacy-related news sources. With the knowledge I have now about the profession had I not been admitted to my state school with ~16K/year tuition, I would have not gone to pharmacy school at all, but the same can't be said for everyone.

Closing or at least slowed growth of these diploma mills is what I'm really hoping for but I'm not sure how realistic that thought is. Does anyone have any insight into this history of the law school bust, especially concerning the opening of the law diploma mills? It may help to compare and contrast the two.

USF is already open, new students start on Aug 15, 2011

With the introduction of Obama care, virtually every US citizen will have health insurance and also since baby boomer population is aging, I think there will be more demand for the pharmacists.

I actually was very interested in attending USF to the point where I almost applied for early decision. They have an excellent new pharmacy school with a lot of potential to be great. Ive spoken to two of their pharmacy students and they love it. It's just that for me they have a pretty heavy set of pre reqs. If I were to attend their school, it would not be until matriculating class of 2015 as they require biochem, microbiology, molecular cell biology and genetics(does not have to be completed until 2nd year of pharm school). All your science classes must be talent with the last 5 years but you can sign a waiver form depending on your GPA and PCAT scores for individual sections. I used to live in Tampa for 4 years so the location is nice too.

Great school with good pharmacy program. Should be considered more by students interested in pharmacy.

USF , anyone?

I'm actually a P1 in USF atm. I was skeptical prior to applying since it's a very new pharmacy school (you can even look back on the USF c/o 2017 thread and see my skepticism if you'd like). Now that I'm in it, I can say that most of my worries are stomped out. We've already got chapters formed for the major pharmacy organizations and are already reaching out to them and having connections established. Our professors are a mix of young and old and not skewed in any way. The college of pharmacy as a whole is actually teaming up with the college of medicine, nursing, and public health; it's not a matter of the pharmacy school just wanting to get into the spotlight. It's a collective effort of all four schools willing to come and work together. The fact that we're teaming up, in particular, with a well-established medical school makes things look a lot better for us; at least we aren't out on our own and that we have a lot of resources to work with.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but things don't seem to be as horrendous as some make it out to be when talking about a new school. All in all, we can only wait 2 more years down the line and see how the inaugural class tackles the NAPLEX as well as find out how their job prospects look.

I have no idea why you kids want to take on ODIOUS debt to get a degree in a field that is saturated and getting more saturated. Pharmacy school is a scam. There are no new jobs being created and the ones left have no security.