Overall Best Medical Speciality for the Future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Most promising medical speciality?

• Anesthesiology, including Pain Management

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Radiology, Diagnostic and Interventional

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Hematology/Oncology

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Ophthalmology, including Retinal Surgery

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Plastic Surgery

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Radiation Oncology

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Orthopedic Surgery

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Pathology

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
bananaface said:
There have been too many complications with the staple gun deciding it wants to malfunction during surgery. But, I'm fat enough that if there was a safer option for medical weight loss it would be to my benefit to use it.
I can imagine several complications much worst than a staple gun malfunctioning ;)

Medical weight loss. I dunno... niacin? Those cholesterol-binding resins? Laxatives?

Members don't see this ad.

AndyMilonakis said:
and hemorrhoids.

One of my coworkers has missed weeks of work with hemorrhoids. I always wonder why this makes somebody miss this much work. I also wonder why we all know that she has hemorrhoids. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
Don't those end up in the bucket labelled "garbage"?

I was being diplomatic calling those specimens silly ;).

Mrbojangles said:
All right you win the silly specimen list face-off ;).
everything is a competition with you Korean folk ey?

oh wait... ;)

yay, i win. :laugh:

beary said:
One of my coworkers has missed weeks of work with hemorrhoids. I always wonder why this makes somebody miss this much work. I also wonder why we all know that she has hemorrhoids. :confused:
apparently, mudbutt can also cause one to miss that much work too.

AndyMilonakis said:
apparently, mudbutt can also cause one to miss that much work too.

Yikes... having just got over a severe case of mudbutt that only lasted a few days, I would seriously consider killing myself if I had mudbutt that lasted weeks.

Did you come up with the name mudbutt?

beary said:
Yikes... having just got over a severe case of mudbutt that only lasted a few days, I would seriously consider killing myself if I had mudbutt that lasted weeks.

Did you come up with the name mudbutt?
well i first encountered the term, mudbutt, on my recent vegas trip. apparently one of the guys had gotten the stomach bug which made him have uncontrollable diarrhea. we noticed the first day that he wasn't gambling like the rest of us. so we asked him what was up. he said, "i got mudbutt." at that moment in time, the term "mudbutt" was coined. and his new nickname became, "muddy"

AndyMilonakis said:
well i first encountered the term, mudbutt, on my recent vegas trip. apparently one of the guys had gotten the stomach bug which made him have uncontrollable diarrhea. we noticed the first day that he wasn't gambling like the rest of us. so we asked him what was up. he said, "i got mudbutt." at that moment in time, the term "mudbutt" was coined. and his new nickname became, "muddy"

sucks to go all the way out to Vegas and then get mudbutt. :(

beary said:
sucks to go all the way out to Vegas and then get mudbutt. :(
it really does suck. muddy couldn't gamble. muddy couldn't drink. muddy couldn't even eat.

muddy came out of hiding on the final day of the trip and tried to eat a banana, but then he had another bout of explosive mudbutt and had to run back to the room.

at least he didn't lose money.

the word on the grapevine is that one guy lost somewhere around $4000.

AndyMilonakis said:
at least he didn't lose money.

the word on the grapevine is that one guy lost somewhere around $4000.

I would rather lose a lot of money than have explosive mudbutt. :laugh:

$4000!!!! Dude! I lost $150 out there and was all upset about it.

beary said:
I would rather lose a lot of money than have explosive mudbutt. :laugh:

$4000!!!! Dude! I lost $150 out there and was all upset about it.
yeah, but he also makes over $300K...so it's chump change to him.

it's all a matter of perspective.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
yeah, but he also makes over $300K...so it's chump change to him.

it's all a matter of perspective.

Oh. Yeah, making $300K changes things a bit.

beary said:
Oh. Yeah, making $300K changes things a bit.
I did humbly ask him to consider writing me a check for $4000 next time he felt like throwing away money like that. He bought me a beer. Cheap bastard.

AndyMilonakis said:
I did humbly ask him to consider writing me a check for $4000 next time he felt like throwing away money like that. He bought me a beer. Cheap bastard.

Better have been a quality beer. :laugh:

beary said:
Better have been a quality beer. :laugh:
it was fine. i think it was a sam adams. now if he had ordered me a bud light, then i would've been a little annoyed.

I should look this guy up and tell him you have a fondness for Olympia Beer. In case you have never tried it, it's the most craptastic beer ever. It's under the Olympia label, and also comes in white cans that just say "BEER". I'll change my avatar so that you can see what it looks like.

yaah said:
Is it better than Pabst?
Does Pabst taste worse than fermented watered down piss? If so, yes. I never tried Pabst. I know Oly is some nasty ****. They cost the same. Perhaps they are equally as raunchy.

My grandfather's career was driving an Olympia Beer truck for the West Coast Grocery Company. Go piss beer! :laugh:

The only beer I can really tolerate is Guinness.

Miller Lite = piss
Miller Lite = causes taste loss.
Miller Lite = :thumbdown: