Outstanding employment opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curtis

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. I have read a lot of peoples thoughts about how nurses are treated in the civilian hospital environment. If you are one of these nurse then I encourage you to please read on. I work for the Army Medical Department and it is my honor to go out and find highly qualified nurse for the Army Nurse Corps. Based on what I have read from several nurses I can't imagine a nurse not going into the Army Nurse Corps. Army nurse do not have the problems to face that their civilian counterparts are facing.

I can take a nurse that is in their senior year and put them in the Army Nurse Corps 6 months out from graduation. With that, they would become a medical-surgical nurse right from the start. They can also be guaranteed to receive training in one of four areas usually w/in two years. (Critical Care, OB/GYN, Psychiatric/Mental Health, Perioperative Nursing). They will not get stuck in a situation where they can not advance their career. The Army wants their nurses to advance to their highest potential. We are not limited by money like most hospitals are. Army hospitals have higher ratings with JCAHO then civilian hospitals. Last year two of our hospitals rated 100%. Try this on for size. We even have three Army Nurse that are in charge of entire hospitals. That's right even in charge of the doctors. I welcome any questions. I work within the state of Maine, New Hampshire and into Boston, Massachusetts. Anyone desiring to know if they meet the requirements feel free to e-mail me. Thank you for your patience in reading this and good luck in your careers. You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

hi there:
i was wondering if you could tell me more about those opportunities and also if there is an age limit? im 38 and headed back to school to finish my degree. im still trying to decide if i should get a 2 year degree and start working right away since i have lost so much time any way (note age) or if i should just get my BSN now. any info would be appreciated. thanks

Auburn,

My advice would be to get your 2 year degree in nursing that can lead you into a RN to BSN completion program. Finish the 2 years and take your license exam and then find a job that can afford you the opportunity to finish your education. There are a lot of schools that have flexible programs. Any programs I can offer you would have to be a senior nursing student or a working nurse. Good Luck! Remember, age is only a state of mind. You are not old by any stretch of the imagination.