Out of med school need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Outofmedschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed med school in india. I had a few back logs does it have any effect on getting into residency.or do they only check the usmle step scores.I got 232 in my step 1

Members don't see this ad.

Search for "FMG" and "IMG" in the forums. You'll find useful information related to your situation, both generally and for individual specialties.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an us citizen but I was bought up in india for financial reasons what are my chances
You should give it a shot but as suggested above you are basically competing with other FMGs for whatever leftover spots in noncompetitive fields and undesirable geographic areas have trouble attracting US grads. You probably need to get some sort of US clinical experience here as well before anyplace can consider you.

I am an us citizen but I was bought up in india for financial reasons what are my chances

If you are a US citizen you but were educated outside the US and are having trouble getting a residency this might help you:
http://www.nyit.edu/medicine/admissions/emigre_physician_program_epp/

This is a program for foreign medical graduates to receive a DO degree in lieu of their foreign medical degree, it can help. The outlook for IMGs is very poor right now, this could help you as the outlook is good for DOs.