OTS manual?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kppredent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading over the Air Force COT welcome package and it says I need to learn the operating instructions from OTSMAN 36-2202, Chapter 1? I assume OTSMAN stands for officer training school manual, but where can I find this manual? I tried looking around in the OTS website, but no luck.

Also, I will be attending COT in May and any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been looking for it too. I only found (actually downloading right now) a file "afman36-2203". Not sure if this is the same file. I'll try to find the link since I close the browser by mistake. See you in May!

I have been looking for it too. I only found (actually downloading right now) a file "afman36-2203". Not sure if this is the same file. I'll try to find the link since I close the browser by mistake. See you in May!

Here is the link to the Operating Instructions. It would be good to read the first chapter. However, a lot of it probably will not make much sense to you. But you will have to have it read and will have to know it very well once you are there, because you will have a test on the first couple of chapters.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/documents/otsman36-2202_000.pdf

You should probably check out everything from from this next link to be as prepared as possible:

http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/COT-RCOT/CommissionedOfficerTraining.asp

COT wasn't bad. You will learn a lot while you are there. But don't expect to get much sleep. I slept about 4 hours a night. However, I enjoyed my time there. Let me know if you have any specific questions, because those links will provide a lot of info. But if you are reading the OI's and don't have a clue about what they may be talking about, just post the question and I'll try to answer it. I'm sure other COT grads will be able to help as well.

I didn't read anything ahead of time for COT. There's no real need to. You will be totally immersed into A/F culture once you get to COT.

Hattrack was definitely right about the lack of sleep. I probably averaged 5-6hrs. but my roomate would stay up later studying/working on responsibillities and stuff they make you do.

The tests were nothing compared to dental school, I would read through some of the stuff and familiarize, but nothing like dental school. IT really is quite a unique experience. Military training has this ability to always make you feel like you're not on your "A" game, and there's always something someone can correct you on.

Best of luck and enjoy your time at COT