Other Materials I Might Need For The MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BucketDoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what other materials I might need for the MCAT. I plan to take the MCAT in July or June if I feel that I am ready for it at that time.

Materials I have:
AAMC:
  • Official MCAT Critical Analysis and Reasoning Question Pack, Volume 1
  • The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (MCAT2015), Fourth Edition
  • Online Practice Questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (MCAT2015), Fourth Edition
  • Official MCAT Practice Exam (Scored) 1
  • Official MCAT Practice Exam (Scored) 2
  • Official MCAT Section Bank
I got all these materials from the AAMC Fee Assistance Program.

Kaplan:
  • 2015 7 Book Review Set
Next Step
  • MCAT Verbal Practice: 101 Passages
  • MCAT Biology and Biochemistry: Strategy and Practice
The Princeton Review
  • MCAT Psychology and Sociology Review
Is there any more AAMC materials I need to get or any other materials in general? I was thinking of getting the UWorld MCAT review as well.

Members don't see this ad.

There is now an AAMC FL 3. See if the Fee Assistance Program will let you have that in addition to FL 1 and FL 2.

UWorld QBank is great for content review, and I would definitely spring for that.

If you need more practice with CARS, find one of the old EK 101 Verbal books. They're still good, despite being from ca. 2005.

I would do some searches here and invest in Altius and Next Step full length practice exams. They each offer 10, but I believe only 5 of the 10 are worth the money, but I don't remember which ones.

Other than the above, it looks like you're pretty well covered. Anything more materials-wise may be overkill.

Okay. Thanks for the help. I will sign up for UWorld when I start studying hardcore for the MCAT.

I was going to get the sample test and the 3rd scored test from the AAMC since they told me that they could not include that in the Fee Assistance bundle.

Should I get the question packs from the AAMC?

Forget the Kaplan set and NS books and replace them with TBR sciences and EK 101 CARS. You need passages and high quality review, more now than ever. If you read the feedback on reddit and here about the recent exams, you need to challenge yourself in your practice passages and no one does that better than TBR sciences.