OTC Plan B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Modnar

Mmm... workahol
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The discussion about the pharmacist who refused to give a woman emergency contraception reminded me of this. What do you all think about making emergency contraception available over the counter? I don't know enough about the drug to have an opinion on this, but I'm curious as to what you all think.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I think making it readily available OTC would only increase the already irresponsible attitude of the general populous. Hell...condoms are available and arent used. To some I think "morning after pill" would equal "do whatever I want on Saturday night and Sunday i will be fine".

Originally posted by JPHazelton
Unfortunately, I think making it readily available OTC would only increase the already irresponsible attitude of the general populous. Hell...condoms are available and arent used. To some I think "morning after pill" would equal "do whatever I want on Saturday night and Sunday i will be fine".

Agreed. There is a lot of irresponsibility out there, especially among teenagers. This would definitely be a bad idea. The next thing you would hear would be stories of over-use and abuse.