Coursework & Fieldwork OTA Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot_pedi10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, My name is Amber. I am awaiting a callback to get into ota school. I have struggled in anatomy and physiology two especially with the physiology part of it and I was wondering since the only prerequsites I need for ota school is anatomy and physiology 1 if that would set me back not having a firm grasp on physiology or would I learn it once I am in school?

Members don't see this ad.

If you only need Anatomy and Physiology 1 for admissions to the school, I don't see why the information in Anatomy and Physiology 2 would hold you back from being accepted.

You will need this information at some point while in school though, so it wouldn't hurt you to try your hardest to absorb the information now, as it will help make the second time around (when it counts towards your OTA program grades) easier.

Thanks for your help. I feel better about it now. I was feeling down on myself because I got an a in anatomy and physiology 1 and I am failing anatomy 2 because of this extremely hard teacher and dont have the physiology part down but I'm hoping taking it a second time will help.

Members don't see this ad :)
My situation was pretty similar: in my school, Anatomy and Physiology are both prerequisite requirements to OTA, I had overall 3.4 GPA, A- in Anatomy and C+ in Physiology (because I worked too many hours), and I was excepted! I think you should be fine, you had an A in Anatomy/physiology I and this is what really matters as Anat/physiol. II is not even required for admission. Good luck!