OSU Interview, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

violin10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all--

Just wondering if any of you out there applied to/interviewed at OSU yet. I'm going this weekend and wanted to hear whatever impressions you had of the interview day, the interview in particular. Supposedly it's open file and the 3-4 people from the admissions committee are all in it????

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing there in the upcoming week, I really want to check out their facility (clinic, the pre-clinic labs, lecture halls) to see how it compares to other state schools i have applied. Are you going for the full day or half day? the super nice lady who scheduled my interview said it would be better to do the full day, since you get to talk to more faculty/students, sit in on a 2nd yr lecture, etc so i chose the full day.

Any kind soul out there who have interviewed at OSU recently, if you could share your experience with us, it would great...thanks :)

I had an interview in January and I have to say it is not bad at all. It is open file and there are three people in the room with you. All three of them are very nice and they know a lot about you before you even get there. I noticed that a lot of the questions were asked so they could find some more personal things about me. All three each had their own questions and they fire them off quickly, but they are all questions about you so you already have the right answer. Only a few question where about Optometry, but i am sure you will know what they are asking since you are interested in the field to begin with.
The whole day is pretty relaxed overall I guess the only bad thing would be that if there are multiple people being interviewed, someone will have to wait a few hours to get to the interview and some will be in and done with it right away. I was the first of four, so I could be relaxed during the other parts of the day which include a tour, financial aid session, and a short video about the business program. I was actually done with everything and went home before the final applicant even had her interview.
During the tour you will be able to ask tons of questions about the facilities and you will see pretty much everything.
Don't be worried and be confident in yourself and it will all be okay.
if you have Any other questions, just ask. ill try to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Elwood627,

thanks A LOT for sharing your experience with us!! I feel more relaxed now after hearing about your interview experience. Since you mentioned that the same 3 faculty interviews all the applicants, I guess there's a good chance that mine interview won't be until the afternoon..I hope I can be one of the earlier ones..lol

Would you remember the exact order of the interview day (tour, financial aid session, and a short video about the business program)? Did you have lunch with students/faculty? and is there a written essay? Also, did you choose the full or half day, for your interview day?

I only went for the half day. I got into columbus at about noon had lunch on my own at the hospital cafe, and at 1:00 I met for the interview. I was back on the road home by 3:45 or so. There was no written essay, and my order of the day was interview, tour, video, financial aid, but this order is different for everyone obviously. by the way the order of interview was ABC order. hope this helps.

Thanks for the info everyone! It turned out to be a great day-- and I got in!

Congratulations!
Mine is on march 3rd, next monday, wish me luck, since i am an out-of-stater :)

congrats violin10, and good luck to msjang. maybe ill see you both in september!

I have been placed on the wailist for OSU optometry collage, has anyone been placed on the waitlist, or any accepted student thinks not to cofirm his/her acceptance at OSU, wait for your reply:oops:

How long does it take to hear back from OSU after an interview?

How long does it take to hear back from OSU after an interview?
according to me it took a month to hear from them after the interview date but for some students who are being accepted, they got reply the same day of the interview day , how lucky they are

according to me it took a month to hear from them after the interview date but for some students who are being accepted, they got reply the same day of the interview day , how lucky they are

wow thanks for the info. i definitely wouldnt mind that!