OSU DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptstudent32

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio State University for the class of 2021. I applied Early Decision and have been accepted. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio State University for the class of 2021. I applied Early Decision and have been accepted. Best of luck!

Congratulations! Would you be willing to share your stats? I applied to OSU, too (not ED) and would love to see how my stats stack up. Hopefully I'll be joining you at OSU!

Major: Exercise Science - Pre PT
Cum GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.96
GRE 158 V 156 Q 4.5 W

Only about 120 hours in the clinic, collegiate athlete (baseball), Honors Program (completed undergraduate thesis), peer tutor

Hope this helps, best of luck. Go Bucks!
Any other questions just send me a personal message

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from OSU today and was invited to the open house. I plan on going 12/15. Did anyone else hear? The email said that everyone invited to the open house is either accepted or wait listed. They hope to be done with the full review by Thanksgiving. Everyone should be hearing soon!

I heard back today too! I'm hoping to go 12/15 as well, as long as I can take my finals early. Someone else in my class got the letter as well. A friend of mine was waitlisted and declined last year. He told me that they are really open about where he was on the list. He and even asked about why he didn't get in, and they told him.

I heard back today as well! I'm also hoping to go 12/15

I was just accepted to Ohio State about a week ago and plan on attending! Excited to be a part of the class of 2021!

I was just accepted to Ohio State about a week ago and plan on attending! Excited to be a part of the class of 2021!

Congratulations!!! How were you notified online? Email?

Congratulations!!! How were you notified online? Email?
Thank you so much! I first realized my application status had changed on my applicant portal online (through OSU) and was then notified by email a few days later.

I was just offered admission yesterday!

I was just offered admission yesterday!

Congratulations! Out of curiosity are you an Ohio resident? What are your stats? I’ve been waiting to hear from OSU hoping to get in before the open House next Friday.

Congratulations! Out of curiosity are you an Ohio resident? What are your stats? I’ve been waiting to hear from OSU hoping to get in before the open House next Friday.
That's odd that you haven't heard back...maybe that means you're not out of the running yet? I received my rejection the same day as the other posters received their open house invitations.

That's odd that you haven't heard back...maybe that means you're not out of the running yet? I received my rejection the same day as the other posters received their open house invitations.
I know a few students from my University were declined and waitlisted this week. I'm assuming that if you haven't heard anything yet, you're still in the running. I would keep checking status on buckeye link.

I got waitlisted. I found out at the open house on Friday. I'm pretty bummed. I really like the program. Being number 50 on the waitlist doesn't give me the highest of hopes. But, who knows... someone last year was number 50 and got in in April. My stats are extremely competitive and better than a few who were accepted. I think being out of state hurt me. PTCAS shows a 76%/24% ratio for in-state vs. out of state. Maybe I need to move to Ohio and reapply :)

I got waitlisted. I found out at the open house on Friday. I'm pretty bummed. I really like the program. Being number 50 on the waitlist doesn't give me the highest of hopes. But, who knows... someone last year was number 50 and got in in April. My stats are extremely competitive and better than a few who were accepted. I think being out of state hurt me. PTCAS shows a 76%/24% ratio for in-state vs. out of state. Maybe I need to move to Ohio and reapply :)
One of the current OSU students at open house told me that they are weighing volunteering and extracurriculars this year much more than GPA/GRE. They want a class that is very diverse, rather than just the top 50 GPAs. I know my essays and work experience made me very competitive for application. Good luck and hopefully you move up the list quickly!

As the deposit deadline is quickly approaching I was wondering if anyone else has made their decision to attend osu and has put their deposit down? I have and am eager to meet more people that will be attending!