OSU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I think they’re done considering they sent out waitlist to those who weren’t desirable lol. They don’t send interviews out after they send the waitlist email
This is wrong information. They are still sending out interviews. They said they will hopefully send some out today and into next week. Just because there’s a waitlist doesn’t mean there’s no more interviews being sent out!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think so. You must have applied to the 5 year program which is different than the 4 year one
I understand the difference between the 4 and the 5 year program. I spoke with admissions and they said there will be more interviews sent out next week for the normal 4 year program. Again, just because some who interviewed were waitlisted doesn't mean they won't offer more interviews. They're trying to fill the class with those who are both good on paper and in person.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand the difference between the 4 and the 5 year program. I spoke with admissions and they said there will be more interviews sent out next week for the normal 4 year program. Again, just because some who interviewed were waitlisted doesn't mean they won't offer more interviews. They're trying to fill the class with those who are both good on paper and in person.
Well my fault then, I stand corrected. They must have changed things this year because historically this wasn’t the case. I suppose that’s good news for people both on the waitlist and who are still waiting for an interview. Good luck!

P.S. About your last sentence - I don’t think a single interview, which asks you a handful of questions, is a fair assessment to analyze who might be good in person or have good interpersonal skills as a dentist. Some people are just natural smooth talkers and shine in interviews but might have lousy interpersonal skills, and some people just suck at interviews even if they might have amazing interpersonal skills if you see them in a different setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody interview for Dentpath yet? I never got officially rejected for the c/o 2025, but I never interviewed and based on past threads, it’s starting to feel like all hope is lost for me with OSU this cycle.
Dentpath usually interviews really late around March

Just got an interview. Really torn on what to do. I am considered in state for OSU due to the Buckeye Forever program but I am missing three classes and I am already accepted at two great schools. Even if I got into OSU, I'd have to grind pretty hard afterward to make sure I have my pre-reqs. The cost is very attractive although Columbus isn't the best place to be

I was curious if anybody had any info on OSU's policy for pass/fail grades for this past fall semester? I received a 3.5 in my last pre-req class for OSU and want to change it to pass/fail since it will lower my cumulative GPA (Ruins my 4.0 lol). Will they accept this or should I just suck it up and take the 3.5

I was curious if anybody had any info on OSU's policy for pass/fail grades for this past fall semester? I received a 3.5 in my last pre-req class for OSU and want to change it to pass/fail since it will lower my cumulative GPA (Ruins my 4.0 lol). Will they accept this or should I just suck it up and take the 3.5
Pretty sure you can’t pass/fail after you’ve already taken a class.

I think if the pass/fail system is not mandatory at your school, most admin still prefer letter grades over pass/fail. You can always contact the admission counselor to see what they say.

UMich and University of Maryland
I know Maryland offers in state tuition after 2 years I think. I know a friend of mine way back declined OSU to go to Michigan. Idk if Michigan offers in state tuition. It boils down to cost and where you wanna spend your next 4 years. As far as grinding the pre reqs you would just have to pass those classes instead of going for As if they do offer an acceptance so there’s that. Unless you wanna preserve a nice GPA.

As someone who is in competition with you to get accepted into OSU, a part of me wants to say go to the school you like out of the 2 you already got accepted into and let us peasants fight for your potential spot lol.

But if I were you and wanted sincere advice -I would definitely do the interview and wait a week to see if you get accepted or not, and then make the decision. This would be the wisest option. You can crunch the numbers right now and compare cost for each school, as well as thinking about what place you’d like to attend OSU, Michigan, or Maryland this week and see how you feel and by next week you should be notified if you get accepted or not anyway. If you do then great you already made a decision and if you don’t you still have 2 great schools to fall back on.
Also I was curious - why did you say Columbus isn’t the place to be?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who hasn’t interviewed been rejected yet ?

Have they not filled the class yet? I thought the class was already completely filled but it seems a little odd that they would keep interviewing.

I have decided to pass on OSU's interview offer. Good luck everyone

Did anyone from the latest interview batch got acceptance offer? Or have anyone else receive more interview invite ? I'm just curious

Did anyone from the latest interview batch got acceptance offer? Or have anyone else receive more interview invite ? I'm just curious
I received an interview invite on 12/28 and completed the Kira Assessment the next day. Haven’t heard anything back yet 🤞

Well let us know if you hear anything mate
Still haven’t heard anything back. I’ve tried calling and emailing admissions this week to see if I will hear back by January 15th (OSU is my top school, but I have until the 15th to accept other offers). So far it looks like I’ll accept at another school unless something changes.

Has anyone been able to join the meeting for tonight? I'm not sure what the passcode is to join.

I got waitlisted Received interview invite on Dec 28

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting accepted off the waitlist (IS)? Should I kill my hopes lol
I realized they waitlisted a lot of people this year but also a lot of people applied this year (more than most)
It is my top choice but I think I killed my chances with a relatively low PAT but my AA is 21 and my GPA is 3.9 so I was hoping that they would not focus too much on my PAT... I guess not :(

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting accepted off the waitlist (IS)? Should I kill my hopes lol
I realized they waitlisted a lot of people this year but also a lot of people applied this year (more than most)
It is my top choice but I think I killed my chances with a relatively low PAT but my AA is 21 and my GPA is 3.9 so I was hoping that they would not focus too much on my PAT... I guess not :(
At the info session they said last year ~10 people on the IS waitlist received offers

Yikes well I guess chances are slim then

Last edited:
Should I move on with my life now that it’s February? I was trying to hold out hope but it seems unlikely that they would extend offers at this point

Should I move on with my life now that it’s February? I was trying to hold out hope but it seems unlikely that they would extend offers at this point
A lot of top tier schools are still interviewing and sending offers (UMich, Columbia, etc) meaning some people may choose to go there. Osu also sent a few initial acceptances in January which gives a little bit of time until those 30 days are up.

Reactions: 2 users
Just out of curiosity, for those who have been accepted has your status changed to “offer accepted” or is it still “offer made”?

According to an osu admissions counselor I talked to this cycle has had very few offer declines for both IS and OOS besides a few initial rejections in January. Kind of too bad for us waitlisters.. I’m still hoping that there may be some movement in March just because some other schools are still accepting students, but I guess we will see

According to an osu admissions counselor I talked to this cycle has had very few offer declines for both IS and OOS besides a few initial rejections in January. Kind of too bad for us waitlisters.. I’m still hoping that there may be some movement in March just because some other schools are still accepting students, but I guess we will see
People have put down deposits but not officially joined the class yet. Waitlist could see some movement in the coming month.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!! hopefully some us will also hear some good news!
Are you accepting the offer?

Also, does anyone know if thats it...their class is filled?

Hey everyone! I created a group me for those of us who are currently on Ohio States waitlist! Please feel free to join

Join the group me for the waitlisted people! GroupMe

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement lately? (specify IS or OOS)
Hoping to see some movement in the next couple of weeks as schools can begin to see where students have other deposits down !
Feel free to join the group me for waitlisted students so we can all communicate!

I did not interview for the normal 4-year dental program at OSU but interviewed for the 5-year program. It still says “invited for interview” on AADSAS. Should I be worried

Last edited:
Just declined my acceptance this morning. Good luck everyone