Osteopathic Programs that are "2-week friendly"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajh1983

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on any programs that are truly happy with 2 week rotations. I realize many program websites list 2wk rotations as an option, but I'm really looking for programs that will still rank a candidate strongly. Responses from those who have rotated are greatly appreciated.

Programs I'm most curious about:
Toledo
McLaren Pontiac
McLaren Lansing
Genesys

Thanks so much! Any help is needed and appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Toledo is good with 2 weeks. Just gotta have the board scores. Not sure on the others

Wouldn't recommend 2 weeks in general but Toledo is def good with 2 weeks. But honestly if you don't have a 650 or above forget it. They rank solely based on boards so if yours are low don't waste your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
SCS/MSUCOM/Garden City Hospital - Orthopedic Surgery Residency is definitely good with 2 week rotations; they actually prefer you do a 2 week rotation during audition season as opposed to a 4 week rotation.

You mention a board score cut off for Toledo. My scores are 650-675, so are you saying I'm going to get bumped to by the 700 students floating around, or are you saying I have a legitimate chance at programs like this should I secure an audition rotation?

You mention a board score cut off for Toledo. My scores are 650-675, so are you saying I'm going to get bumped to by the 700 students floating around, or are you saying I have a legitimate chance at programs like this should I secure an audition rotation?

Toledo used to (still does?) rank by board scores, thus you'll be able to rotate and interview, but you may not be ranked in their top 3.

I would venture to say all programs are fine with 2 week rotations (obviously 4 is better), but you have to do whats best for you to increase your chances of matching.

From what I was told Toledo ranks first to last based on board scores, the rank list is then adjusted by the residents somewhat. However they don't move mountains and you really do need to have a 650ish or above to have a legit chance. I also just remembered that South Pointe only does 2 week rotations.

Thank you for all the replies so far! Really appreciate the help figuring out which programs to rotate.