Osteopathic Manipulation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Njdevils30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. For those performing osteopathic manipulation I have a few questions:
1. How often do you treat? I know it depends on the patient but just as a general reference.
2. How much time do you spend with the patient? Again I know this depends on the patient.
3. What are the re-imbursements like for OMT?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

This really depends on practice type. I use to have 1-2 cases per day, and I suspect that I had a relatively high OMT volume. The procedure is quick and with consent, typically it’s a 20 min appointment. The reimbursement is excellent. It was making me more money than ultrasound guided injections, with a fraction of time and minimal side effects. I can see how someone could theoretically have a very lucrative practice doing primarily OMT, but that was never my desire. Also, there has been little pushback for -25 modifier which is key. I’ve had more push back from Botox and ultrasound guided procedures honestly. It was really the only procedure I didn’t bother with prior authorization because it was universally insurance accepted.

Reactions: 1 user