Osteopathic Dermatologist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does such a beast even exist?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they definitely do exist. If you go to the AOA website, for instance, and do a search--you'll find several.

Lari

http://www.aocd.org/

This site gives you everything you need. Residency programs, current docs, etc... But a warning, to match DO residency for derm you must have either a father or mother who is a DO derm doc or 99%ile on COMLEX I and II, with top 10% of class, or so I hear.

Normalforce

Members don't see this ad :)
OR you could get a residency at Wellington regional in FLA for $0 per year

I think KCOM has beaucoup DO derm residents and is even expanding its derm service.

hi everyone..mind me i am new here :)

any other osteopathic medical schools have a "high" ranking to match DO residency for dermatology?

Any responses would be great, and a list (or where to find one) you made my day ...maybe even my week ;)

~m~

to the above post

anything responses really would be great :D counting on you guys:rolleyes:

~m~

thanks for the links guys...almost had everything i was looking for :)

let me rephrase my question form a previous post.

obviously there are great hospital residency programs out there but I what DO school out there is actually going to help me or have a higher percentage to get me into one of these residency programs? Any particular Osteopathic schools that i should consider over others? KCOM, LECOM,...???

~m~

Hey, I was wondering if there was anyone I could PM who knew more about osteopathic derm? I read everything on the above website, but I still have some questions. If so, let me know. Thanks.

Hey, I was wondering if there was anyone I could PM who knew more about osteopathic derm? I read everything on the above website, but I still have some questions. If so, let me know. Thanks.

From post that I've read on this board I think ny skindoc and tripleJ are osteo derms. You might wanna pm them. Or better yet post your questions on here and maybe ask them to answer so others could benefit from their wisdom as well. Hope that helps.

From post that I've read on this board I think ny skindoc and tripleJ are osteo derms. You might wanna pm them. Or better yet post your questions on here and maybe ask them to answer so others could benefit from their wisdom as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I hope if ny skindoc or tripleJ read this they will confirm so I can PM then. I just have some general questions, mainly about AOA Derm residencies that I can't quite get answered.

nyskindoc definitely not a DO. triplej is a DO.

Yeah I wasn't sure on that one, thanks for the correction.

I've read some of nyskindoc's posts in the past, and judging by age, location, and other clues I've picked up, I'm about 80% positive he's my dermatologist :laugh:

A friend just told me she has Morgellon’s; I believe her. She has had extensive exposure to dirt, mold and sewage due to a lengthy house remodel, and she is so sick she can't finish it. When mold was spotted in a closet floorboard a year ago, she began tearing out the infected wood, and it was everywhere. Now her million dollar home is in rubble. Her layman's research indicates there is an old sewage treatment tower in her neighborhood (which the city and county denies knowledge of) and she suspects it is leaching up into her soil. (Sounds like a job for Erin Brockovich)

She used to be a tough cookie, a big DIY'er, and so when she found the mold and contracted with an architect to rebuild, remodel, and add a second story, she did a lot of the demo work herself, including pulling out the rotted wood and helping dig the new footings and pipe trenches (unfortunately, sans a respiratory mask.) That's when her symptoms started and her soil tested positive for stacci botrus. Now she has "stringy tenticals growing out of her neck" and when she pulls them or cuts them she says they retreat and multiply. I know how bizarre it sounds, and that's what worries me! I KNOW if I had these symptoms I would be obsessed with them too!! (Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.) How could she make up this s#*t when she had never heard anything like it before?

She only started researching it herself when her dermitologist refused to touch her neck, even with gloves, and he said he had no idea what it was, and then he gave her the bum's rush. That's what triggered her concern that it wasn't just a parasite. And she's so mentally tired and grossed out about her neck, she is contemplating suicide.

Is it a biblical plague of the "last days," a man-made biological weapon or experiment gone wrong? Have simple parasites mutated and started glowing in the dark because of our jacuzzi chemicals and microwaves? Just because the name is old, doesn't mean it's the same organism or syndrome that was dubbed Morgellon's in the 1600's. Does the fact that it is sounds like science fiction automatically make it a "fictional" malady? Or is it such a horrendous fate that we must start finding data on it YESTERDAY, before it catches the rest of us by surprise?

Beloved Students: What's been going on with you lately? Any new cases or personal experiences? We must have the technology to discover the truth by now ~ Why is there so much skepticism and resistance to the curiosity of it all?

And if it is only psychological, why is it so contagious in THAT form? Could it be mass hysteria or psychological warfare? Is it possible that somebody might spike our water systems with a special hallucinogen?

Selfishly, I not only want my friend cured, I want to make sure my kids and I never get it. :oops: