Osa out of hospital endoscopy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PpfSuxTube

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Ive been approached by an out of hospital premises i work at to help develop an osa protocol.

Does anyone know of any guidelines for this that are recent and practical?

Also should i ask to be renumerated for this work?
Ive already done the diabetic procotol and updated their anesthesia pathway and documentation for free...

It suited me to do so as its quite a lucrative sideline and the owner gives my choice of days so the situation isnt terrible

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lucrative to write policies? Hmmmmm.

Lucrative to write policies? Hmmmmm.
That’s all that 3/4 of the “administrative RN’s”, and half of the paper-shufflers, do in any hospital.

MD’s might as well get in on the action...

Reactions: 2 users
Apologies yes. The sedate work is good money. The policies are free.

Thanks for the links

Does anyone have the samba links for osa? My library doesnt carry them so cant accees

At our surgical center all OSA patients have to be reviewed by an anesthesiologist. If they are compliant with CPAP and having a procedure that can be done under regional or even a GA w/ minimal opioid we’ll generally let them through. If we have any concerns they get it done at the main hospital. We’ve had exactly zero push back from our surgeons, they trust our judgement and we appreciate their business ;)

Also should i ask to be renumerated for this work?
Ive already done the diabetic procotol and updated their anesthesia pathway and documentation for free...
Do not...its worth more than what they'd pay you and if you asked for more than that they'd think less of you than they already would if you asked for what they'd give you.

Do not...its worth more than what they'd pay you and if you asked for more than that they'd think less of you than they already would if you asked for what they'd give you.
Is this some sort of Vulcan mind trick?? Or should he just hope for a bronze plaque, with his name and likeness, to show up in the lobby of the facility??

Docs gotta quit doing all this “free” work for “for profit” facilities. This isn’t 1950 at the Catholic charity hospital...

Reactions: 1 users
Apologies yes. The sedate work is good money. The policies are free.

Thanks for the links

Writing policy and procedure (and enforcing it) is medical director work. Usually comes with some kind of stipend. Sometimes it’s nominal and sometimes it’s significant.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with nimbus, that is medical director work which this facility likely already has and who is getting compensated for such work. I am medical director of our affiliated surgery center and receive a small per hour amount, and this type of work would fall under my duties.

Reactions: 3 users