Organic Chemistry Section - Spectroscopy

thomasp9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that has already taken the OAT or is preparing to take it has come across any Spectroscopy problems in practice tests or the actual OAT? If so about how many problems covering Spectroscopy should be expected on the actual OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember studying for it, memorizing which wavelengths corresponded to which bond, molecule, element, etc. on the spectrum graph...but I totally forgot whether it was on the actual test. :confused:

I'd memorize the major ones if I were you...doesn't hurt to spend some time on it.

I think I had one spec problem on mine, but I don't remember what the question was. I just remember being really excited because that was the one topic i actually felt confident about while I was taking that class, lol

I think I had a couple spec problems. I agree with trying to study the major ones, doesn't hurt to try and memorize a few. I know our responses to your question are vague, but that just means it's not one of the more important concepts on the test. Good luck with your studying!