Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also haven't received the packet yet. I guess it takes a while

Members don't see this ad.

I also haven't received the packet yet. I guess it takes a while

I guess it will get here when it gets here, I messaged Angela today about it, I will update when I hear back.

Akaykay, did you get into OSU?!?:D

So I got the letter this morning, as we know the deposit is $200. It says to reply within 10 days of the postmark. My letter is dated March 1st but my envelope is stamped March 5th, either way it seems like they will want to hear back pretty quickly, I suppose best to get it in as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my letter also, I am going to send in the 200 dollars tomorrow.

Anyone taking the Z 440-442 anatomy series this summer?:)

I haven't heard back from my email about registration info yet Pharm47.

I just got my letter also, I am going to send in the 200 dollars tomorrow.

Anyone taking the Z 440-442 anatomy series this summer?:)

I haven't heard back from my email about registration info yet Pharm47.

I am currently at Oregon State....registration for summer courses opens up 4/15. To register, you will need a student ID # (9 digits, NOT your SSN, usually begins with 930 or 931). Your GAP (which acts like a password) is you DOB in mm/dd/yy format. (The system will ask you to change this.) To get to the registration website.... go to oregonstate.edu, and hit the drop down menu at the bottom of the page. Go to Registration Login....enter your info..

Screen will come up with options, the first being registration. The rest is self-explanatory.

To look up a CRN: from oregonstate.edu, the very top right hand corner, there will be some options. Hit catalog. Near the top left of the page...you will see quick jump box. Type your course number in there (ie. Z441, note for summer the CRN should be 43543 or 43544.) It will bring you to times when that course is offered. CRN column is near the left.

Good luck and godspeed. Hope this helps. I may see you in that series over the summer, as a pre-pharm.

Just want to let everyone know that there were 12 people in our interview session. My two interviewers were very friendly.

Well im sure it feels nice to have the interview done, I know it did for me. Im assuming this should be among the last of the dates, so the wait shouldnt be too long either!

Im most likely taking those 44x anatomy courses this summer. Actually I wanted to try to take the last one spring term, thus giving me a break at the end of the summer before fall. I dont know if you can take them out of order, it wont let me register since the system doesnt know im in the pharm program yet. If anyones curious i'll post what I find out.

I know you can take the 300 series of anatomy out of order but I don't know about the 400. I am interested in taking the last one spring term if possible. It would be nice to have a break to travel or something.

Looks like we will find out about registering for Fall classes in spring time after all the letters have been sent out. I got bored and made up the P1 schedule for next year, it could vary a little with labs.

M:8-9 , 10-12
T:8-10, 2-4* (*not sure if this is a set aside testing time or part of the class)
W:8-12, 1-4* (*Could be taken M,W,R,F at 1-4, pharmacy practice lab)
R:8-10 (Thursday with just Foundations of Drug Interaction)
F:10-11 (A nice Friday with just Biochemistry!)

Well there is my schedule/anyone going to OSU basically.

If you have to take the anatomy lab there would be a 1 Hour on Monday 12-1 and a 3 hour lab on either Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday night or Friday afternoon.

I like this schedule, done early 3 days out of the week, time to go work and study afterwards without having to pull late night shifts. Well I was bored so there it is.:)

Looks like we will find out about registering for Fall classes in spring time after all the letters have been sent out. I got bored and made up the P1 schedule for next year, it could vary a little with labs.

M:8-9, 10-12
T:8-10, 2-4* (*not sure if this is a set aside testing time or part of the class)
W:8-12, 1-4* (*Could be taken M,W,R,F at 1-4, pharmacy practice lab)
R:8-10
F:10-11

If you have to take the anatomy lab there would be another 3 hour block in the week somewhere. I like this schedule, done early 3 days out of the week, time to go work and study afterwards without having to pull late night shifts. Well I was bored so there it is.:)

Wow... That looks like a hot schedule... Plenty of time in there to study or have a second job... Very nice

~above~

Wow... That looks like a hot schedule... Plenty of time in there to study or have a second job... Very nice

~above~

Doesn't seem like it will be too bad, guess they wait until 2nd and 3rd year to bring on the pain, hopefully I can get a tech job at the local hospital to fill some of those afternoons with practical learning.

Was there any way to get Fridays or Mondays off? If commuting from PDX, it would be nice to be able to skip a day.

Was there any way to get Fridays or Mondays off? If commuting from PDX, it would be nice to be able to skip a day.

There really isn't a way to skip Mondays but I see no reason why you couldn't skip Fridays. The Biochemistry course is most likely a powerpoint course and if you have already had some Biochem missing one day a week might not hurt you. Two of my friends in Biochem 490 series right now, don't go most of the time and they seem to get by studying on their own time. I have a feeling during snowboarding season of Fall term you won't be seeing me on Fridays....

So after all my ramblings, missing Fridays does not look not like a big deal. I believe midterms for Biochem are on Monday evenings fyi.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked at my genetics grade...woops, I need to do well on the final just to pass. Good thing this isn't a prereq course in the chance possibility I don't pass the course. For some reason I hate that class and just have not been doing anything in it....need to focus.:mad:

heh...i have a final tomorrow in my a&p lab, but went to whistler last weekend instead of studying. it really is cruel that once you are accepted you only need C+s to keep your spot. it's way easier to pass when shooting for A's than when just trying to stay above a C...and might even be less stressful!

I have an anatomy final tomorrow as well. It doesn't fulfill the pharmacy anatomy requirement though, just taking it to take it. I have never been to Whistler, I imagine it is awesome being able to go a mile or so without having to get on the lift again. I was at Meadows this weekend and the runs just seem too short.

I have an anatomy final tomorrow as well. It doesn't fulfill the pharmacy anatomy requirement though, just taking it to take it. I have never been to Whistler, I imagine it is awesome being able to go a mile or so without having to get on the lift again. I was at Meadows this weekend and the runs just seem too short.

Whistler skiing is great...but not when it's raining (hard) the entire day. It rained all weekend, so I saved the lift ticket $$ and headed to the pub.

hay all

i am new to SDN and have an interview at OSU COP on march 16......

looking for all the advice i can find,

if any one help with pointers i'll be gratefull...

i have read through all the feedbacks, but there is only 5 for this year...

thanks

Are you out of state student or instate?

It is a very casual interview. I really don't know what else too say besides what is in the feedback. Probably good to have an example of a conflict in the workplace. At the beginning of the interview they go around the table and have all the students introduce themselves, so if that kind of thing makes you nervous, maybe prepare something to say to introduce yourself. Be ready to write a short essay on an ethical issue.
I would know 2 hot issues in pharmacy right now, just good to know and maybe you could drop them in the interview too show you keep up with the news.

Any other questions feel free to ask, I am writing papers all night and studying for anatomy, so I am glued to the computer.

I had an interview at OSU this year. Just make sure that you have a strong statement on why you want to be a pharmacist. Don't wear black and then you'll stand out. And know, in depth, a couple of the current issues of pharmacy such as an increased rate of asthma in children etc. Be sure to ask your interviewers not just questions about the school but about them and their areas of expertise. The essay was "Should the Results of all Medical Studies be Published? Everyone else in the group said yes, but I said no. Just make sure you have points to back up your stance on the essay and you should be good to go. There is a web site with good questions to ask at a professional school interview. There was a gal at the interview's open discussion who was asking some of the questions that I recognized from there. Finally, be sure to have your interviewers write down their names for you so you can send them thank you notes right away with no mis-spellings. GOOD LUCK!

I had an interview at OSU this year. Just make sure that you have a strong statement on why you want to be a pharmacist. Don't wear black and then you'll stand out. And know, in depth, a couple of the current issues of pharmacy such as an increased rate of asthma in children etc. Be sure to ask your interviewers not just questions about the school but about them and their areas of expertise. The essay was "Should the Results of all Medical Studies be Published? Everyone else in the group said yes, but I said no. Just make sure you have points to back up your stance on the essay and you should be good to go. There is a web site with good questions to ask at a professional school interview. There was a gal at the interview's open discussion who was asking some of the questions that I recognized from there. Finally, be sure to have your interviewers write down their names for you so you can send them thank you notes right away with no mis-spellings. GOOD LUCK!

I saw on the Pacific forum that you got accepted to OSU, congrats!

Thanks!!! Congrats to you too!! The best part was showing the email to my fam and friends and watching them jump up and down and scream :D I asked God to make it really obvious where I should go and it was because I got rejected from the four other schools I applied to. (who cares cause OSU ROX!)

Thanks!!! Congrats to you too!! The best part was showing the email to my fam and friends and watching them jump up and down and scream :D I asked God to make it really obvious where I should go and it was because I got rejected from the four other schools I applied to. (who cares cause OSU ROX!)

Ya it was nice to be able to show it to family and friends. So are you a current OSU student or you out of state?

I'm a current OSU student. Finals next week hurrah!!. Are you a Beaver?Should probably be doing some work right now but am busy being worthless. Did you read the thread about men's hair? What the heck was that about? lol

OSUpharmy - be sure to update the Roll Call thread! Post your acceptance to OSU and Julianne can add you to the list.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=373798

thanks for the tips, i like all the info i can get...

as for me i am a senior at U of O in eugene...

3.3 cumulative and pre-req. GPA

volunteer at vim clinic ~ 1year

three strong letters of reccomendation (2-PHD's one graduate of OSU, and a pharmacist that graduate of the OSU COP)

and two very strong personal letters, maby the best i have ever written, not to toot my own horn...

thanks people

thanks for the tips, i like all the info i can get...

as for me i am a senior at U of O in eugene...

3.3 cumulative and pre-req. GPA

volunteer at vim clinic ~ 1year

three strong letters of reccomendation (2-PHD's one graduate of OSU, and a pharmacist that graduate of the OSU COP)

and two very strong personal letters, maby the best i have ever written, not to toot my own horn...

thanks people

All sounds good, good luck with your interview this week.

Just wondering if anybody having an interview on March 23?... I havent seen anybody mentioning an interview on that date except for me.

Just wondering if anybody having an interview on March 23?... I havent seen anybody mentioning an interview on that date except for me.

I heard a girl in my physiology class yesterday talking about having an interview on the 23rd. My buddy has one this Friday, I will try to get him to post some feedback on here.

Not really relevant to pharmacy, but I will agree that Whistler is completely amazing, I'll be there spring break! :cool:

Just took a micro lab final, and god am I glad thats over. The no longer being required to get A's thing did take some stress out :)

Not really relevant to pharmacy, but I will agree that Whistler is completely amazing, I'll be there spring break! :cool:

Just took a micro lab final, and god am I glad thats over. The no longer being required to get A's thing did take some stress out :)

Last term in micro lab, Burke told me my aseptic technique was crappy and she told me I was a guerrilla after I broke a pipette in my hand. The lab final was tough in that class and disorganized, we were all over the place.

Was micro biology a fairly difficult course? I take it next term, and was wondering if I have to go through the whole lab report schpeeel again.

The lab only involves one lab report at the end of the term that is based on several experiments you carry out in the previous weeks. The lab involves lots of little points and quizzes.
If you can, you really should look for someone that has taken the lab before and get their notebook from them, the questions are not all the same but you can get an idea of what Burke is looking for. Even my TA in the lab told me it was a good idea that i had an old lab book so I knew how to format things. Burke is very nit picky with the lab book and it is a big part of your grade! Format is important as well as very complete answers!
I took the actually Microbiology lecture was Bottemly and not Burke. I hear Burke gives tough tests but is a good instructor. She has lots of reviews on ratemyprofessor.com for you to check.

Oh my god, do not get me started on that woman. Probably the most dissatisfied I have ever been with a teacher. Ever. If you have a chance to get the classes done anywhere else, I for one would recommend it. I hear she may be retiring soon though, which makes me happy for those who come after me.

Oh my god, do not get me started on that woman. Probably the most dissatisfied I have ever been with a teacher. Ever. If you have a chance to get the classes done anywhere else, I for one would recommend it. I hear she may be retiring soon though, which makes me happy for those who come after me.

I hear you on that... that lady is mean and rude, but she does get nice if she knows you are trying and very determined... she'll notice.

Yippee! Sounds like Spring Term will be a blast.

Hey, Idesiretosling, I saw you under Pacific for the wall of shame. Did you get an interview in October. I wondered if you were in the clump of men that I and another gal were making fun of.

Hey, Idesiretosling, I saw you under Pacific for the wall of shame. Did you get an interview in October. I wondered if you were in the clump of men that I and another gal were making fun of.

I interviewed in January, nice of you to ask though...lol

I'm wondering if March 23 will be last interview then.

It is I believe.. cause that is when I interview. Everybody get their status by April 2nd I believe. Last year they avoid April 1st because its April Fools day. But they could probably let a few people know during spring break too.

It is I believe.. cause that is when I interview. Everybody get their status by April 2nd I believe. Last year they avoid April 1st because its April Fools day. But they could probably let a few people know during spring break too.

I've noticed most people get an email first. I'm assuming it'll be the same when they finally notify the rest of us. I know my deferral from ED to regular applicant pool was sent by email.

OSU does everything via email, if I remember correctly. They used to do some stuff via snail mail but even those stuff are email now (ie the supplemental stuff, not the essay)

I heard from a couple people from the March 16th interview that letters would be sent out during spring break. So they will probably be sent out around the 27th or so, good luck to everyone!