Oregon state, Colorado State and Washington state univ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfa240

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting this. I initially posted my question in the pre-vet section, but I guess most people in that forum have not started the actual school yet and don't have a lot of experience with them.
I wanted to ask if anyone has attended or is attending any of these school and how they compare in terms of quality of academics, facilities, training, etc. These school(Oregon, Washington, Colorado) are my top choices I am trying to move into one of these states soon but I really don't know how they compare. I personally LOVE Oregon (the green, rain, moderate temps), but the ranking is not very high. I am wondering if that might mean that you might not get trained as well as the other high ranking schools. If anyone has any experience with these schools, I would appreciate any pointers/advice on this.
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ranking doesn't really matter. You'll get a good education at any of those. It's not like one of those is turning out sub-standard vets. (Or any US program for that matter)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that rank is established only by the amount of $ brought in by research? It has no bearing on the curriculum. It may be more important to you if you specifically want to work on some research topic.

Just focus on getting IN. Ideally at the most affordable school.

I applied to all 3 you mention. Didn't make it at CO. Accepted at WA. Waitlisted at OR. Dropped off the OR list because I wanted IS tuition for WA. (Also accepted at Oklahoma)

I think if you are in-state, the tuition is pretty much the same (+- a few thousand). How hard was it to get in to OR and WA as an out of state? did you have like 2000+ hours of volunteer time? what other factors did they take into consideration?
I like WA as well, but from what I hear, Pullman is a very dry, remote place. Is that right?

Sorry for double posting this. I initially posted my question in the pre-vet section, but I guess most people in that forum have not started the actual school yet and don't have a lot of experience with them.
I wanted to ask if anyone has attended or is attending any of these school and how they compare in terms of quality of academics, facilities, training, etc. These school(Oregon, Washington, Colorado) are my top choices I am trying to move into one of these states soon but I really don't know how they compare. I personally LOVE Oregon (the green, rain, moderate temps), but the ranking is not very high. I am wondering if that might mean that you might not get trained as well as the other high ranking schools. If anyone has any experience with these schools, I would appreciate any pointers/advice on this.
Thanks! :)

Please don't cross post, it is against the TOS at SDN. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.