Oral Sedation Cocktail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runfastnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals - what are your favorite cocktails for oral sedation for in office procedures? Don't have the staff/setup for IV in office and have no interest in that anyway.

I used the typical 5-10mg Valium for a while but starting 5mg Valium + 5mg Baclofen and seems to work a lot better and people don't complain as much.

A lot of my patient population think a procedure involving a needle should be completely pain free and other practices around me who use moderate sedation for everything. The most I ever use for ESIs or RFs is 2mg Versed for bilateral RFs that I do at ASC for people who demand it or are disasters in office with oral.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys/gals - what are your favorite cocktails for oral sedation for in office procedures? Don't have the staff/setup for IV in office and have no interest in that anyway.

I used the typical 5-10mg Valium for a while but starting 5mg Valium + 5mg Baclofen and seems to work a lot better and people don't complain as much.

A lot of my patient population think a procedure involving a needle should be completely pain free and other practices around me who use moderate sedation for everything. The most I ever use for ESIs or RFs is 2mg Versed for bilateral RFs that I do at ASC for people who demand it or are disasters in office with oral.
I use Valium 5 mg x2, have them take one at home before coming.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
a short/quick acting BZD.....which valium is not

Xanax 0.25mg x 1 for petite elderly women who "have to have something"

All others xanax 0.5mg, 1-2

office stim trials/kypho- same xanax plus 5-10mg of percocet

Reactions: 2 users
MKO (midazolam / ketamine/ ondansetro) troche-- for the tolerant folks. But you need to monitor them.

Has anyone considered or used intranasal butorphanol? Seems like the rapid onset would make timing easy and they could just keep the bottle afterwards for any post RFA discomfort