Oral Boards sharing study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmericanoWithCream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there - is anyone interested in creating a group gmail account to drop helpful slides and powerpoints for everyone to use?
I created an account
[email protected]
password: oralboards

If anyone wants to drop slides in there - I figured we could all help each other out. If anyone has watermarked slides (ie. courses you paid for), I would hope no one would distribute them widely.

Happy studying -

Members don't see this ad.

Wow this is kind of sad - no responses, no files and no further input. Is this "why we can't have nice things?"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wow this is kind of sad - no responses, no files and no further input. Is this "why we can't have nice things?"

Personally, I don't feel comfortable distributing other peoples' intellectual property in a public forum. That being said I do find it sad that there are so many excellent study resources out there that would make us all better radiation oncologists that people don't want shared. Ask your seniors and friends at other institutions, everything ultimately makes it around.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How much success did you have in medical school getting help from gunners? Now think about what field lots of “top” medical students have been going into for past decade. Surprised much?

Reactions: 1 users
The wink and nod suggesting that people illegally upload copyrighted material that they paid for and agreed not to distribute is fairly disturbing.

What's more disturbing is the well-known fact that multiple residency programs utilize recalls and have recall strategies, which for written exams involve assigning each resident a block of questions to remember and immediately write down after the test, and for oral exams involve meeting after the exam to discuss cases and compile a document to pass on to further classes. Are these the files you hope will be uploaded to server. Because they absolutely, 100% exist. Residents are given thumbdrives at the beginning of residency with gigabytes, literally gigabytes, of recall data and pirated copyrighted materials at certain large programs.

The ABR is aware of this issue and could take very simple steps to eliminate the influence of recalls, but for various reasons (and I have my opinion why) do not.

This has been happening for a very long time and continues to happen, and everyone knows it, but a bunch of people will come and post here and say that absolutely none of this exists.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users