Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Residency | Interview invitation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexAdam

Reaction score
Greetings,

If you received an interview invitation for Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Residency, can you please let us know from which university?, so everyone know the remaining university in the list.

So far, I know Florida and Texas A&M have sent their invitations.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What makes a student competitive for this specialty? I’ve been wondering why it isn’t a popular route.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s purely academic. You can try to set up a private practice doing reads, but the truth is there are not enough reads going around. Not like the medical model. Only do if you want to work academic making 150k, pretty similar to oral path.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have talked to residents at research meetings and they say web based private practice makes more.

Doubtful. I’ve only seen in private practice 1 endodontist sending out scans to Beamreaders, where every radiologist seems to work. They have like 30 radiologists reading scans and it seems it’s just side work, as most are in academic or specialize in something else like ortho. Private practice seems like a side hustle more than anything. Unless the ADA mandates all scans have to be read, which is highly doubtful, it won’t happen.

In any case what will probably happen is demand will go up ever so slightly, and schools will want a piece of the pie so they will open programs and charge 100k per year for 3 years to 5-10 residents.