Optometry School or Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiCe BoY x 4 u

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Members,

I'm new here on the post. I am currently a sophomore attending University of California, Davis. Right now, I'm torn between medical school and optometry school. My grades aren't the very best, around 3.40. I've heard optometry schools have a higher acceptance rate (around 25%) compared to medical school (around 3%). Right now, medical school doesn't look so good for me. I've heard rumors that MD's work long hours and have a hard time raising a family. I want something that helps, but also allows me to have free time and raise a family. I've heard optometry is the way to go if that is what I want in life. Money also plays a role, does optometrists make good money? I think I have a better chance of getting into optometry school anyways. Please HELP!!! Any responses would be greatly appreciated =) Thank you.

~ Long

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but my GPA is 3.10, not 3.40.

In the future, please don't post the same thread to multiple forums. This is a violation of SDN policy. Try to find the one forum that fits your question best and post your question there. I'm going to leave one copy of your thread open in the OD forums so people can answer your question. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.