Optometry School Entering Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oogilily

Soccer rules all
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't see anybody doing this yet, but I think it is about that time of year again. So, I'll start it if nobody else will. We can redo this I guess if somebody wants to officially get it started. As soon as you find out where you are accepted, add your name to the list. When it is final, add the * next to your name. Make sure to take out the quote tags when replying! Good luck to everybody!

Class of 2012!

UHCO: Oogilily

* = accepted seat in class, FINAL DECISION!!

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

:clap::clap: Wow... that was fast! Congratulations!

I'll sticky this thread and close the other one. I can't believe another year has already gone by!

sorry, I fell down on the job. I'm usually all excited to start a new thread each year. Thanks for making the sticky, PGE :D

Oogilily they must have accepted you on the spot!! Congrats !

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, I fell down on the job. I'm usually all excited to start a new thread each year. Thanks for making the sticky, PGE :D

Oogilily they must have accepted you on the spot!! Congrats !

I felt like I was violating some law of nature by handling your thread! :D

*points to oogilily*

He started it! :laugh:

Sorry CPW... Last year you started it in August so I thought that maybe you had fallen asleep. I know it's your thread :). I was just too excited to start telling people where we were getting accepted. It's finally here! Ya, I got accepted on the spot, pretty exciting. More than I could have hoped for. Now to see what Pacific has to offer....

Sorry CPW... Last year you started it in August so I thought that maybe you had fallen asleep. I know it's your thread :). I was just too excited to start telling people where we were getting accepted. It's finally here! Ya, I got accepted on the spot, pretty exciting. More than I could have hoped for. Now to see what Pacific has to offer....

Not asleep, just busy with "real life" :laugh:

I'd say delete it and cpw gets to start it again. :laugh:

Am I inciting a riot?

Congrats Oogilily!!

Thanks! Good luck to you! And make sure you tell us where you get accepted when you find out.

ADD ME TO THE LIST! :D

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD
UAB: BlueeyedOD

Hurray! Finally some more people :). Congratulations guys/gals!

i'm memphis bound also!!!!!! wooohooo!! accepted to UAB also but am definitely going to SCO!!!

soooo excited....going out and celebrating tonight!!

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*
UAB: BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed

JMU07, saw you will also be attending sco next year....what state are u from? i'm from TN (got a contract seat).....i guess i'll be seeing u next year!!

I just found out and I am so excited. I will see you all in Memphis!!

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*

JMU07, saw you will also be attending sco next year....what state are u from? i'm from TN (got a contract seat).....i guess i'll be seeing u next year!!

Woohoo!! I'm from VA.. see you AND admiralbean in the fall!!! :D

For those accepted to SCO...did any of you attend the 9/21 interview (I was there at 10:00) ?
P.S. I'm from Gainesville, FL :)

For those accepted to SCO...did any of you attend the 9/21 interview (I was there at 10:00) ?
P.S. I'm from Gainesville, FL :)

i was at the 9/21 interview but mine was at 9:00, however, i did see some 10:00 people in the lobby as we were on tour/interview...we probably passed each other!

i was at the 9/21 interview but mine was at 9:00, however, i did see some 10:00 people in the lobby as we were on tour/interview...we probably passed each other!

I was there that day too but mine wasn't until 1:00 so I didn't see you guys.. if you were hanging out on Beale st. that night, then maybe we did see each other? lol

Well, I don't see anybody doing this yet, but I think it is about that time of year again. So, I'll start it if nobody else will. We can redo this I guess if somebody wants to officially get it started. As soon as you find out where you are accepted, add your name to the list. When it is final, add the * next to your name. Make sure to take out the quote tags when replying! Good luck to everybody!

Class of 2012!

SUNY: Survivor1

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.[/quote]

Got accepted to SCO!!! YAY!!!

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7

Class of 2012!

I got an acceptance!!

Class of 2012!

IU: JackCM

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *)

Deferred from last year
Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *)
ICO: pjf223*

And SCO pulls out in front... I'm glad to see people are getting accepted. Keep 'em coming!

Yea, it's exciting! I didn't think I'd have an acceptance this early in the game.

Class of 2012!

ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt

Class of 2012!

ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight

Way to go SCO!

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *),byuidoctor*

BYUIDoctor;5703211]Way to go SCO!

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *),byuidoctor*
NOVA: Yuri Ronin

Congratz YURI! I also am applying to nova too! i just had an interview 2 days ago.

Class of 2012!

ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ

How were the IU interviews? I have one their on Friday.

Class of 2012!

UAB: BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed, thomasp9
ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ

Class of 2012!

UAB: BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed, thomasp9
ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ, Canadian007

Class of 2012!

UAB: BlueeyedOD*, brownyeyed, thomasp9
ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ, Canadian007

Congrats to all. I hope you know what you are getting yourselves into. It can be a great profession, but oversupply is real and there are a lot of negative pressures.

If you want to be a "real" OD (private practice or referral center) its not too early to think about what it will take.

Go over to ODWire.org for some realistic discussions.

Class of 2012!

ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ, Canadian007, Mistate7

Smarten up and don't spoil this thread with your negativity. This is a thread for celebration and happiness, not somewhere else to pick the profession apart.

Well said. :thumbup:

Most of us understand that an optometry career has some negative aspects, as does every other field of medicine. Please let us have this one thread to be excited! When we're finished, we'll head on over to one of the hundreds of other threads explaining those negatives. This is not the place. :)

Well said. :thumbup:

Most of us understand that an optometry career has some negative aspects, as does every other field of medicine. Please let us have this one thread to be excited! When we're finished, we'll head on over to one of the hundreds of other threads explaining those negatives. This is not the place. :)

Ahh you will hopefully remember my advice when hitting the real world. I give a lot of useful advice on these forums. I'll pretend I didn't hear some pre-ops lecturing me.

Just stay away from commercial and you will get no complaints from me.

Carry on with your happiness.

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *),byuidoctor*, Rose43OD
ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ, Canadian007, Mistate7

Class of 2012!

SCO: JMU07*, BlueeyedOD, brownyeyed*, admiralbean*, Mistate7, Spanisheyes (almost *),byuidoctor*, Rose43OD
ICO: pjf223*, EyeGotIt, OnionKnight, EyeQ, Canadian007, Mistate7, Shasta03

Class of 2012!

NOVA: Yuri Ronin, Mistate7

I've GOT A GOLDEN TICKETTTT!!!!!

Class of 2012!

NOVA: Yuri Ronin, Mistate7, RichardOD

Class of 2012!

NOVA: Yuri Ronin, Mistate7, RichardOD, Dwight Schrute*

sup DWIGHT! looks like ill be seeing you at nova next fall!