Optometry School Entering Class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again !! Time to apply to schools and take the OAT.

When you're accepted to a school, please add to the list !! We'll start organizing as the results roll in !

GOOD LUCK OPTOMETRY PEEPS !! :luck:

CPW, O.D.

Members don't see this ad.

I figure I'll add one.

UHCO

I'm about 75% sure I want to go there, but I'm still thinking it out. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Making it official...

Class of 2011!

SUNY: Vision34

UHCO: StplrDncr

* = accepted seat in class... FINAL DECISION!!!

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.

Vision4,
would you mind sharing your stats? I applied a couple of days ago to SUNY.

Thanks.

Just found out I got a contract seat at UAB!!! Yay!!! :D

Im in at UMSL. Accepted right after the interview.
Going to NOVA this friday to interview
And to ICO the 19th

Got accepted to SUNY and it's finalized!

Hi,
I have an interview coming at SCCO. The only place I applied, the only place I wanna go. Has anyone gone for an interview yet? If so any tips, especially the essay?!
Much appreciated
!

Class of 2011!

SUNY: Vision34, luckyfool

UAB: GoDawgs2007

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.

Accepted to UHCO!

Interview at SUNY in a couple of weeks.

Class of 2011!

NOVA: Docc99

Members don't see this ad :)
Class of 2011!

UHCO: StplrDncr, destrin24

Class of 2011!

SCO: GoDawgs2007

I just found out last week that I have been accepted to SCO and ICO! Good luck to everyone else on their acceptances.

Got accepted to SUNY and it's finalized!

Congratulatiions!!!!how was the interview at Suny? will you guys tell me your OAT score and GPA? i have interview 1 month later at SUNY. What was essay question?
Thank you.

accepted to SUNY :D

Congratulatiions!!!!how was the interview at Suny? will you guys tell me your OAT score and GPA? i have interview 1 month later at SUNY. What was essay question?
Thank you.

If you guys don't mind, could those who got in post their stats, GPA, OAT, extracurricular, and schls got invited for interview, schools got in. It would be helpful for those of us who are planning 2 apply. Thanks a lot :)

Class of 2011!

SCO: GoDawgs2007, OperacticPreod

ICO: OperacticPreod

OSU: staceyes

To Update This List: Please "Reply" to this posting, remove the QUOTE tags (one at the beginning and one at the end), and make your updates. Please do not "Post Reply" and then copy & paste a previous entry since all formatting is lost using that method. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

No classmates yet.....
Congrats guys/gals
Good luck to everyone else

Both schools are great. So any comments / comparison between umsl and uhco would be great!

biostarjay1

Class of 2011!

UHCO: StplrDncr, destrin24, biostarjay1

UMSL: biostarjay1

Thank you.

The interview was good. Easier than I thought it'd be. Read the Interview Feedbacks post from pre-optometry forum for more info. My OAT was 340 AA and 370 TS, GPA 3.5. Don't worry about the essay question, it was never mentioned during the interview.

Class of 2011!

SUNY: Vision34, luckyfool*

Class of 2011!

SCO: GoDawgs2007, OperaticPreOD

ICO: OperaticPreOD

The interview was good. Easier than I thought it'd be. Read the Interview Feedbacks post from pre-optometry forum for more info. My OAT was 340 AA and 370 TS, GPA 3.5. Don't worry about the essay question, it was never mentioned during the interview.

Thank you so much...i saw your posting..my OAT score is 330AA and 350TS.my prereuisite GPA is 3.93....i don't have much extracurriculars....i shadowed under one optometrist only...i'm worried about my OAT score. is it ok? and do i need to shadow under more optometrists?plz give me advise..

Class of 2011!

UMSL: biostarjay1; StephanieOD2B

Class of 2011!

OSU: staceyes; pippistrellodaq

UMSL: biostarjay1; StephanieOD2B

I'm in at Ohio!!!

Class of 2011!

UMSL: biostarjay1; StephanieOD2B*

After some tough thinking, I have declined my interview at Indiana to go to UMSL for sure. UMSL has always been the only school for me!!!

Class of 2011!

ICO: OperaticPreOD, staceyes

Class of 2011!

SCCO: aopt625*

Finally!!!!

Class of 2011!

SCCO: aopt625*, ericlemonster*

Thank you so much...i saw your posting..my OAT score is 330AA and 350TS.my prereuisite GPA is 3.93....i don't have much extracurriculars....i shadowed under one optometrist only...i'm worried about my OAT score. is it ok? and do i need to shadow under more optometrists?plz give me advise..

With your prerequisite gpa that high, I wouldn't worry about your oat score that much. I think you are in good shape. Good luck!

Are you kidding me...??? you honestly don't know if you are getting in or not? please, your stats are fine

Class of 2011!

IU: hutch

Class of 2011!

UAB: GoDawgs2007, StplrDncr

IU: hutch

Class of 2011!

IU: hutch, staceyes

Class of 2011!

UHCO: StplrDncr, destrin24, biostarjay1, iowaeyes

SCO: GoDawgs2007, OperaticPreOD, iowaeyes

IU: hutch, staceyes

Class of 2011!

UHCO
: StplrDncr, destrin24, biostarjay1, iowaeyes

NOVA
: Docc99

SCO:
GoDawgs2007, OperaticPreOD, iowaeyes

SCCO:
aopt625*, ericlemonster*

IU:
hutch, staceyes

YAY got accepted to SCCO! and congrats to aopt625 (we interviewed together :]) .. now waiting on SUNY..

YAY got accepted to SCCO! and congrats to aopt625 (we interviewed together :]) .. now waiting on SUNY..

Thanks! Congrats to you too, hopefullly I will see you next fall!

Class of 2011!

UHCO

NOVA

SCO:

SCCO:
aopt625*, ericlemonster*, sNoWbALL00

IU:
hutch, staceyes

Class of 2011!

UHCO

NOVA

SCO:

SCCO:
aopt625*, ericlemonster*, sNoWbALL00, k.j

IU:
hutch, staceyes

Class of 2011!

UHCO

NOVA
: Docc99, pcane23

SCO:

SCCO:

IU:
hutch, staceyes

Is anybody had interview on 3rd in UHCO?...i had...Dr.Shulman told me he'll let me know the result on next week, hopefully monday...what did he told you guys...or any body already had interview can tell me about your experience?...

Im in at ICO! I just found out yesterday and today is my birthday. Talk about a great birthday gift! ICO has always been my first choice, my GPA was around 3.2 and my OAT was a 360 for those curious about stats. Best of luck to anyone still waiting for a reply.

Class of 2011![/U][/B]

UHCO

NOVA
: Docc99, pcane23

SCO:

ICO: OperaticPreOD, staceyes, Meyesight

SCCO:

IU:
hutch, staceyes

i got in UHCO....confirmed today...Dr.Shulman called me today and told this good news....Thank you very much for all my friends helped me with advises....i'll post my interview feedback this week...after wednesday.....thanks ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.