Optometry School Entering Class of 2005 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted at Nova today. That was my first choice!

GPA = 3.5 overall
OAT Academic Average =300
OAT Total Science =300

I'll see everybody there next fall....

Members don't see this ad.

I made it!!!!!! I got accepted into NOVA yesterday.
I am 3rd year from Canada.
GPA 3.54
OAT 340AA 370TS
I can't wait!

Still need to hear from PCO and have an interview with Indiana, but might cancel. I'll also be applying to Waterloo.

Adding: (*) = student will accept admission and attend school)

PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)

SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)

ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77

IU : meb302

OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)

SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)

NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen

UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)

NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk

SCCO : chester , nnk

congrats to our newest future ODs !!! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)

IU : meb302, beaneek

NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen

(*) = student will accept admission and attend school)

congrats to our newest future ODs !!! :D :D :D

you guys are all so lucky!! i have another 2 and a half years till i apply to an opt school

r_salis said:
meb302 -- where are you going to go? (gotoSUNYgotoSUNYgotoSUNY ;))

Still trying to decide. I've ruled out Indiana and PCO. It's between SCO, Ohio State, and SUNY. It's a tough call...

NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie

What's up guys.
I'm accepted to NOVA, on the "no decision" list for OSU, and have an interview at MCO on Jan. 18th.
GPA-3.3
OAT SCI-310
OAT AA- 300

Hi, I was wondering how the SCCO interview went for you. I have an interview with them Tuesday January 11. You have any idea as to why they may have waitlisted you? I've gotten into SUNY so I'm not as nervous but I really want to do my best at the interview. Any advice???

Thanks,

Helen

NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04

GPA - 3.1
OAT TS- 370
OAT AA- 350

Accepted to SCO, with scholarship- will attended
Waiting list for OSU.

yes!

PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)

SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)

ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77

IU: meb302, beaneek

OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)

SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt

UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)

NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk

SCCO: chester , nnk

Hi everyone. So far I've gotten into SUNY and I have an interview tomorrow, jan 11 at SCCO! OAT:350 (Total Science 360) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into SCCO, my first choice :D So thats the school that I will be attending. Looks like I'm there first to definately go to SCCO :)

Adding hcheng and od2b77 -- congratulations! :D

OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)

SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt

NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk

SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)

Congrats , guys !!! :) To the UHCO class of 2009: PM me if y'all have ANY questions about UHCO.

wow, 2009. scary. :scared:

Adding myself to NECO!!!!!

OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)

NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki

OSU bound! My mind is made up!

Indiana here I come!!!
Just got the news today... I'm so happy! :)

Just found out about this forum today...I too will be going to UHCO. :D

Adding keara7282 and rockets82 -- congrats, guys! :D

IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)

UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)

Got accepted to SCCO, my first choice. Just cancelled my interviews at NOVA, NECO, and ICO today.

GPA-3.3
OAT SCI-370
OAT AA- 340

I love this forum. It helped me out sooo much in terms of all the current issues, interview preparations, and any types of questions that I may have... People are so helpful in this forum. :love: I would have been so lost if it weren't for this network. Thanks girls and boys! :p

Adding h6ppygirl -- congrats! :)

UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B(*), rockets82(*)

SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*), h6ppygirl(*)

Congrats h6ppygirl, we'll be classmates :D

has anyone thats been accepted to NECO going to attend there?
just wondering what influenced your decision to do so. Thanks!

ODra said:
has anyone thats been accepted to NECO going to attend there?
just wondering what influenced your decision to do so. Thanks!

i still have 2 or maybe 3 more interviews (if i decide to go to suny) and so far neco has been the most impressive; ... but its too early to tell where i go and money is a big factor....
that being said; their building(s) are beautiful; and in a great part of town and boston is an awesome city with tons of stuff to do. the staff and students all seemed so nice and down to earth and friendly; and i think their clinical program is wonderful; they really really stress how important it is to be well prepared clinically; you get to start screening elementary school kids within a month of starting school; and they seem to be much more heavily reliant on different community health centers all around the city; which allows you to see a greater variety of patients and different patients in different areas; i do know that in some places where they have a central eye clinic students have told me that they have seen the same cases over and over again without much variety. personally if there was no money influencing my decisions i would be at neco in a heartbeat... but it seems like there are soo many different factors; i would advise you to go interview and really get a look around the city and the program of anyplace before you make a decision

yea im waiting to see how the interview goes. i know the financial part is something im going to have to really think about. anyways thanks for your help :) and goodluck with your other interviews.

congrats to all of our newest OD colleagues !!! :D :D :D

partytime.gif

Adding stompy! :)

SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)

GPA: 3.35
OAT AVE: 310
OAT SCI: 320
Accepted: PCO, ICO, NOVA, and NECO :)
Interviewed, but on hold: SCO
Finally decided to go to ICO. :D :clap: :D :clap:

MRFREEZE said:
GPA: 3.35
OAT AVE: 300
OAT SCI: 320
Accepted: PCO, ICO, NOVA, and NECO :)
Interviewed, but waiting for response: SCO :sleep:
Most likely to attend ICO (still considering PCO).

Are you a 3rd or 4th year?

Congrats!!!

Adding MRFREEZE -- congrats :D!

PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE

ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE

NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE

Got into PCO!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE

od2b77 said:
Did anyone here interviewed before receiving your OAT scores and have received an acceptance in the past few days? I understand that schools received our OAT's last Friday, I'm just wondering how fast do they make decisions after that? If you did get an acceptance this week, what school was that from?

Thanks

I was accepted into PCO in November without my OAT scores. I wont be going there though, I'm just not a Northeast type of girl :)

Hey!!! I just found out about this today! This is really nice I'm glad I found yall! anyway. I have been accepted into PCO, Pacific, and just had an interview at UAB, will have one at Houston and I don’t think I want to go to my interview at SCO.

also my trip to Philly made me decide that I am NOT a northeast type of girl, so that ones out.

but I want to know why no one else wants to go to Pacific or UAB ??? I LOVED Pacific but it is SOOO expensive. I found out the average person comes out of there with 168,000 dollars in debt. UAB wouldn't be that bad and has a REAL good program... well I though they did

anyway any comments would be greatly appreciated

Also, why have yall going to houston decided on that one???

Thanks so much!!!

Got into PCO!! PCO is my first choice so I plan to attend! :)

Hello everyone,
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input regarding everything in this forum. I have an interview at PCO on the 2nd and I would really appreciate it if any of you could give me some info about the interview.
I am kind of scared because I was at Nova recently and I was not accepted. There was no reason on the rejection letter, but I think one of the professors who interviewed me was offended. He was from china and I did not understand one of his questions so I asked him politely to repeat it again. I did not want to sound stupid by answering a question I did not understand. This was my first interview and I felt really confident after I left from there, but I guess I was wrong.
I have not received any other interview invitations so PCO is my last hope. Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

bambola said:
Hello everyone,
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input regarding everything in this forum. I have an interview at PCO on the 2nd and I would really appreciate it if any of you could give me some info about the interview.
I am kind of scared because I was at Nova recently and I was not accepted. There was no reason on the rejection letter, but I think one of the professors who interviewed me was offended. He was from china and I did not understand one of his questions so I asked him politely to repeat it again. I did not want to sound stupid by answering a question I did not understand. This was my first interview and I felt really confident after I left from there, but I guess I was wrong.
I have not received any other interview invitations so PCO is my last hope. Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

bambola:
i interviewed at PCO on Jan 5th and got accepted yesterday. The interview was VERY laid back. I interviewed with a O.D. who was very young (prob only 27) and the interview was very informal and comfortable. No hard question were asked. It was more like conversation. I am sure you will do fine...i applied to NOVA and didn't even get an interview, but got accepted to PCO. So even though u didn't get accepted to NOVA, I am sure you have a good chance at PCO. If you have any more question just let me know! GOOD LUCK

Kristene9 said:
Hey!

I have an interview at Houston coming up. I really didnt want to live in Houston, but I'm a Texas resident abd becuase of money I might have to. What made you decide to go there??

Thanks and congrats again :)
Hi Kristene,
I summarized my opinions about each of the schools that I applied to in the following post: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2121360#post2121360

UHCO is a great school. I also was apprehensive about living in Houston, but once I visited it, I realized that it was much nicer than I had expected.

Best wishes on your interview :cool:

Adding Kristine9, akwong44 -- congrats guys! :D

----2005 Entering Class----

PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*)

Pacific: Kristene9

Kristene9 said:
but I want to know why no one else wants to go to Pacific or UAB ??? I LOVED Pacific but it is SOOO expensive. I found out the average person comes out of there with 168,000 dollars in debt.
Hi Kristene9! I just wanted to say I got into Pacific as well, but decided not to go. I really enjoyed my visit, but in the end, the cons outweighed the pros. I LOVED the way they set up the interview day (lots of time to get to know students and faculty over lunch, tours, panels, etc.) Everyone was super friendly, and my interviewers were awesome, totally put me at ease. The campus was pretty too, and it's nice that you're part of a bigger school so you meet people outside of the optometry program. But I was disappointed at their on-campus clinic since Pacific is a private school. SCCO's blows it out of the water! Forest Grove was also really dreary when I went. It was more rural than I was expecting (not in a bad way, it's just that I'm a big city gal.) And finally, the tuition was too much for me.

On the bright side, apartment prices at Pacific are ridiculously cheap! The students there told me they pay ~$600 for a 2bdrm?! Wow!

Good luck on deciding where to go!

PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki

Does anyone knows the passing rate for ICO for the above administration?
Thanks

Whoo hooo!!!! Got into SCCO! Beautiful campus! Great faculty!

Does anyone know how Berkeley is going to interview everyone on Feb 20? Sounds like a lot of interviews in one day.

Anyhoo,
OAT AA: 320
OAT TS: 350
GPA 3.35

PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki

SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt

2005 Entering Class----

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE

UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)

Add me to the list for UHCO Class of 2009! Its my final choice. Shout out to all the UHCO peeps!

I'm still waiting on PCO and SCO though

xpothosx said:
2005 Entering Class----

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE

UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)

Add me to the list for UHCO Class of 2009! Its my final choice. Shout out to all the UHCO peeps!

2005 Entering Class----

NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE , KwijiboOO

Status
Not open for further replies.