Optometry School During the Pandemic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSopt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if optometry school classes are online, a mix of online and in-person or all in-person for your school?

Please tell me which school you go to/plan on going to.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know IUSO is going to be in-person in the fall!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
NSU student here! We're back in person for the fall. In my opinion, stuffing 120 people into a 125-person lecture hall with (I'm fairly sure) less than 50% of the class vaccinated is not a great idea but the faculty seems set on 100% in person.

NSU student here! We're back in person for the fall. In my opinion, stuffing 120 people into a 125-person lecture hall with (I'm fairly sure) less than 50% of the class vaccinated is not a great idea but the faculty seems set on 100% in person.
For IUSO, students are required to be vaccinated in order to enroll in-person!

For IUSO, students are required to be vaccinated in order to enroll in-person!
I'm so jealous :( I honestly have no idea what the faculty here are thinking. We already have 8 students in quarantine in my class and we've been in school for 5 days. Plus they stream it on zoom to record the lecture but refuse to give us the link lol so we don't have a choice, no distancing or anything...just a seating chart.

ICO is planning on being in-person in the fall and they just made a requirement for all students and faculty to be vaccinated by October I think

Late to the party, but UHCO intends to go into in-person…despite the surge in Houston.

could I just say that I hope my school never goes remote again regardless of cases? Infections isn't the clinical endpoint we should care about, it's severe outcomes. Our clinics aren't closing down because of cases, why should students, esp considering vaccination availability? There will be a hundred more omicrons. We work in healthcare. This is not a zero risk job.

Reactions: 1 users