Opportunity for M3/M4 Medical Students to make some extra money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bill5946

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you know about a cool opportunity a couple of my friends from med school created. They created a consulting company made up of medical students helping doctors learn how to use new EMRs (Epic, Cerner, etc.). I just finished their most recent project in Rockford, IL and made about 5K which helped cover all my moving costs for residency! They are starting projects all over the country. Below are some details from their website.

Interested in using your skills to make $30-50/ hour and build your resume for residency? MedDocLive is your connection to hospitals looking to hire medical students to help their physicians with electronic medical records (EMR) at go-live (when they start to use new computer software for patient care). Clinical rotations are an exciting time in a medical student’s career. You are learning to diagnose and treat patients in a challenging and dynamic environment. We have found that medical students, having extensive experience using electronic medical records during their clinical rotations, make the perfect consultants to aid physicians during the difficult transition to EMR. MedDocLive is a way for 3rd and 4th year medical students to use their talents to make money (pay off some debt), build connections, help physicians, build resumes, and to see firsthand the complex role of EMR in clinics and hospitals around the country.

This opportunity provides you with a competitive hourly wage to help offset accruing interest on loans, the cost of traveling to residency interviews, and a little pocket money for trips before residency. Interested in being a Medical student helping doctors go-live? Then follow the next steps.

1. Visit our website at www.meddoclive.com
2. Create a profile
3. We will reach out to you as we schedule go-lives with various hospitals

Members don't see this ad.