Opinions on Touro Dental? LECOM vs Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalStudent8991

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This isnt really a comparison question so I apologize in advance. I was lucky enough to be accepted to the Touro College of Dental Medicine in NY and also LECOM-FL. In deciding which one I want to go to LECOM for me wasnt a good fit mostly because of the PBL style of learning. I have also been waitisted at two other schools, but for all intents and purposes I am betting on choosing Touro.

I wanted to get peoples opinions on the program and general advice about the school. A couple of "Pros" I can think of are the fairly new program with a emphasis on digital dentistry, and ofc the plethora of opportunities that come with being in NY in terms of location.

But one thing that really worries me is the price tag :( the COA comes out to about 100k a year and the last thing I want is to to be inundated with debt when I leave dental school.

Becoming a dentist is my goal ofc but would there be any reason why attending Touro as my only option would be a bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.