Opinion on MPH programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herrf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Initially, I am in the process of applying for med schools. I was fortunate to have one acceptance so far at Temple University. the thing is though, i'm also considering an MPH and am wondering if anyone has any feedback on their public health school. any input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi herrf,

Congratulations on your acceptance to med school!

There are plenty of people on this board who would be thrilled to talk about their schools. It would be helpful if you could indicate what area of public health you want to study, what your interests (research/professional) are, or what schools you're at all considering - there's so much that could be said about so many schools that a little focus would be good... :)

Also, are you thinking of doing the MPH a) before med school, b) in the middle of med school, or c) after med school? The programs for which you are eligible can vary.

thank you for replying. yea i sort of spaced out on the important info huh. well in anycase, i am becoming increasingly interested in policy stuff. so i guess that would fall under hospital administration, etc. i got into temple and i know they have a school of public health. does anyone know anything about it? i was considering doing the mph while in medical school. any feedback on this? i'm pretty much going to look into mph programs at schools that i get accepted at, so for now i just want to know about temple.

thank you in advance for any info

herrf said:
thank you for replying. yea i sort of spaced out on the important info huh. well in anycase, i am becoming increasingly interested in policy stuff. so i guess that would fall under hospital administration, etc. i got into temple and i know they have a school of public health. does anyone know anything about it? i was considering doing the mph while in medical school. any feedback on this? i'm pretty much going to look into mph programs at schools that i get accepted at, so for now i just want to know about temple.

thank you in advance for any info

temple has a pretty decent MPH program, its obviously not in the top-tier, but fairly decent. if you want to really utilize ur public health degree than maybe obtaining an MPH from a higher ranked public health program would do you much better in the long run. i hope that helps!!! and good luck!!