Ophtho Interview Scheduling???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZR1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well...Hope my fellow MSIVs arent freeking out just yet (kinda getting there though huh?). Anyways, i had a question because I have not yet scheduled my step2 board exam and i have to do it before dec 31st and i applied for a oct-dec spot. Anyhow, I THOUGHT a good time to maybe get it out of the way would be around oct.22-25 or so, during that AAO meeting in New Orleans. I ASSUMED that a lot of programs wont hold interviews during this time becaues many of their faculty and residents will be gone to this. IS THIS TRUE? Also, i scheduled my CS exam on Dec.15th, i hope most interviews are over by then, IS THIS TRUE?
Thanks for the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=119676

Some programs, but not many, offer interviews in October. Most interviews are from mid-November through mid-December. I would imagine, looking at the calendar, that interviews will run through December 17th. A handful also offer interviews in January.

ZR1 said:
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well...Hope my fellow MSIVs arent freeking out just yet (kinda getting there though huh?). Anyways, i had a question because I have not yet scheduled my step2 board exam and i have to do it before dec 31st and i applied for a oct-dec spot. Anyhow, I THOUGHT a good time to maybe get it out of the way would be around oct.22-25 or so, during that AAO meeting in New Orleans. I ASSUMED that a lot of programs wont hold interviews during this time becaues many of their faculty and residents will be gone to this. IS THIS TRUE? Also, i scheduled my CS exam on Dec.15th, i hope most interviews are over by then, IS THIS TRUE?
Thanks for the help guys!

Good idea, programs don't interview during the AAO meeting. Some programs will offer interviews the week of Dec 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
DOH! i better reschedule that CS exam till after that week...there goes a good 50 dollars to waste (rescheduling fee).
Thanks Guys

Ok well i scheduled it for Dec. 29th, i hope nothing is going on during that time...wow cuttingit close i am, two days till my schools deadline.

hey, what are the exact dates for the AAO meeting this year? does it last the whole week? 10/23-10/29?