open residency positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Is there a website where Program Director's post residency vacancies? I know general surgery has a site, does anesthesiology? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

For anesthesia, you've got to call the program. which level are you seeking for? bytheway, what is the website for general surgery?

Just a heads up there are very few openings this year. In my intern class we have a few surgery "switchers" all very competitive, none have secured a spot as of yet and only one has had an interview for a ca-1 spot next year and he didn't get it. Georgetown had two that were filled, UTSW they said had one and northwestern was adding some spots or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anesthesia, you've got to call the program. which level are you seeking for? bytheway, what is the website for general surgery?

Prelim or Ca-1.

hockeyguy is well informed. NWU theoretically can take another resident. Rush had 2 opening early December but recently said there aren't any opening.