Only one semester of bio so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspirant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done well only having taken one semester of bio? I have a year of physics, a year of general chem and a year of organic chem.. I will be taking a ton more bio in the fall/spring (my last year) but would like to get the MCAT out of the way in August.

Some say all the bio you need is in the prep materials. Opinions?

With gratitude,
asp

PS - Good luck to everyone in studying so far. Whew, there is a lot of stuff to know.

Members don't see this ad.

yes...it can be done. But make sure you have right materials. Textbooks also help a lot.

I have only had 1 semester of bio and I just took the April MCAT. I thought the BS section was tough, but I had seen most of the material in the one course I took. I studied some of the physiology concepts I had not covered. I have also had a BioChem course; that helped quite a bit. You should be fine as long as you prepare well. (Be sure that you really understand the bio topics you have covered)

You've had enough. I took the MCAT this April and am sure I did fine. The most recent science course I took was some 3 years ago.