This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nateSKYwalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am interested in your opinions of the following schools. Please comment only if you are currently a student at the school or if you were offered admissions and planning on attending.
1) Upenn dental
2) Roseman UT dental
3) MWU- AZ dental
4) MWU-IL dental
5) UNE dental
6) MOSDOH dental
7) NYU dental
i want to know about the stress level and if you have down time, when do you actually start in clinic, and can you get a part time job while you're in D1 and D2.
the reason im asking is because i need to decide which school. they are all about the same cost except for nyu (has a higher COL). there are certain things i liked about each school but my heart is not set on a particular one, so i just want to hear some + and - from students who go there, Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

If you're interested in schools that give you a lot of free time, LECOM students usually only go to school for around 3-5 hours a day per the D1s when I interviewed there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools are from 8am to 5pm with around 4 hours of additional studying at home. So getting a part time job might not be inefficient. Unless you do like a 1-2 hour tutoring job on the side, that may be doable.

You can also check out this thread that answers some questions from the schools you listed: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...tions-about-your-dental-school-part-2.870235/

some schools I interviewed at had more relaxed students who had part time jobs like retail and tutoring and babysitting. other schools seemed to have very stressed out students but I was not sure if it was just the students I met with or the majority. oh well, thanks anyways

You can fit a part time/weekend job with Roseman's curriculum but you would have to manage your time really well. There is a lot of lecture time and study time on weekdays

Just curious but which one did you decide on in the end?