Online MedEd Notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Online Med Ed class notes? Is it more detailed than what is covered on the whiteboard?

Members don't see this ad.

I love them. I watched most of the videos throughout 3rd year and I wish I bought the notes. I purchased them about 2 months ago and have been using them to prepare for my upcoming boards.

Reactions: 1 user
The notes are solid, and elaborate a little on things you may not quite understand.

Members don't see this ad :)
So you find it justifiable to spend the money? I'm just having a hard time spending $800 on OME + UW

So you find it justifiable to spend the money? I'm just having a hard time spending $800 on OME + UW

You could always start out just by watching the videos if you want. For me what helped (just took boards) was that the last week I ran through all of my OME notes one last time as fast as I could, and then hit the few things I needed to again. I look at it as OME was my textbook, and they had videos + clarifying questions (not in place of UW) to drive the points home.
All in all, UW is the only sure thing, everything else is secondary.

worth the weight in gold...so i got 3 weeks left until the exam- is it still worth it or stick to what i did during the year and repeat that? Or which sections do you recommend online meded for??
for the record, i did kaplan lecture notes, honored all the rotations i took once i started that...unfortunately, started doing it after medicine and surgery. any advice would be great

worth the weight in gold...so i got 3 weeks left until the exam- is it still worth it or stick to what i did during the year and repeat that? Or which sections do you recommend online meded for??
for the record, i did kaplan lecture notes, honored all the rotations i took once i started that...unfortunately, started doing it after medicine and surgery. any advice would be great

At this point, definitely stay with what you have done/know up to this point if you have gotten through it already. I recommend their Biostats section as a quick review of the basics if you are rusty. None of the book review sources are "complete" in themselves for all of the info that is on step 2. your best bet is to stay with Kaplan (maybe do the parts you feel weak in) as your book source, and crank out as much Uworld (or Kaplan QBank) as you can.