Online GRE prep course thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCinNC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has advice on the online GRE prep courses? I'm trying to determine if there is a major difference between Princeton Review and Kaplan. Princeton Review is generally $100 cheaper and currently offering an additional $150 through July 3rd 2015, bringing the total to $649. It seems that there is a general mix of opinion on if the money for the courses are worth it, however because I typically do bad on standardized test and I've been out of undergraduate school for three years, it seems like it could be a worthwhile investment.

If anyone has thoughts on the course in general or the online vs. in person aspect, I'd appreciate it! The reason I'm leaning towards the online version, besides cost, is the times the courses are offered. PT would be a career change for me so I'm already trying to balance working a 9-5 job with going back to school to complete prerequisites at night (the same time most in-person GRE classes are offered).

Also, I've been reading various forums in this site for the past several months, but just recently joined so if I missed a similar thread on the topic please let me know. This site has been helpful in addressing other questions and concerns I've had already so thank you to everyone who participates in these discussions!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on the online GRE prep courses? I'm trying to determine if there is a major difference between Princeton Review and Kaplan. Princeton Review is generally $100 cheaper and currently offering an additional $150 through July 3rd 2015, bringing the total to $649. It seems that there is a general mix of opinion on if the money for the courses are worth it, however because I typically do bad on standardized test and I've been out of undergraduate school for three years, it seems like it could be a worthwhile investment.

If anyone has thoughts on the course in general or the online vs. in person aspect, I'd appreciate it! The reason I'm leaning towards the online version, besides cost, is the times the courses are offered. PT would be a career change for me so I'm already trying to balance working a 9-5 job with going back to school to complete prerequisites at night (the same time most in-person GRE classes are offered).

Also, I've been reading various forums in this site for the past several months, but just recently joined so if I missed a similar thread on the topic please let me know. This site has been helpful in addressing other questions and concerns I've had already so thank you to everyone who participates in these discussions!

I pmd you!

I used Magoosh to prepare. It was much cheaper and exactly like the GRE.

I just purchased Magoosh and it is only $100 for the next couple days, regularly $299. So far the software is excellent and informative.