Online and Bridging AuD Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpflo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find a comprehensive list of US universities that have bridging AuD programs for Audiologists that have a Masters in Audiology and want to upgrade to AuD AND a comprehensive list of AuD programs online.

If any one can please let me know!
Thank you so much in advance!!! :)

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious as well. And to expound from that statement, does anyone know of any SLP to Aud.D programs?

-Mike

Hi,

I am trying to find a comprehensive list of US universities that have bridging AuD programs for Audiologists that have a Masters in Audiology and want to upgrade to AuD AND a comprehensive list of AuD programs online.

If any one can please let me know!
Thank you so much in advance!!! :)

Cheers

http://asha.org/edfind/ has a list of accredited programs in the US. For the 'upgrade' programs, select "Clinical Post-Entry Level Doctorate" in the Doctoral Degree Type drop-down box. Good luck!

Sorry Mikko, I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're thinking of a program that teaches SLP candidates the extra things to become clinical certified for Audiology, I think that's basically all of it... you would probably have to talk to a transfer counselor. You may be able to work out a combined program with the university itself, or you could get your PhD in Speech and Hearing Sciences, which would qualify you for research/teaching/etc. but you would probably need extra instruction to be able to pass the PRAXIS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I would like to have a option if were to become an SLP, and decide to further my education into Audiology that I can have a an option using my graduate credits to reduce required credits for graduating with an Au.D.

Is that more specific? Do I need to draw a table for you? :prof:

Ha, nope. In fact, I answered that interpretation of your question as well: "...you may need to talk to a transfer counselor."

Florida has a distance education program I believe

Florida has a distance education program I believe

Yes. I believe Nova Southeastern University offers the DLP. I do not know anything about it really.

I was referring to the University of Florida.

"For current practitioners, we offer a comprehensive distance learning program tailored to the needs of the working professional audiologist. Over 90 on-campus students and 1,300 distance learning students have entered UF's Au.D. program since its inception in 1998."

Department Page

Distance Program Page

UF and AT Still University in Arizona seemed to be the most popular bridging programs out there. Not sure if there are any others.

Well, I would like to have a option if were to become an SLP, and decide to further my education into Audiology that I can have a an option using my graduate credits to reduce required credits for graduating with an Au.D.

As far as graduate coursework and clinical hours required, at our university there isn't all that much overlap between the SLP and AuD graduate programs. Most of the 25, or so, required courses in the AuD program are unique to the AuD program, apart from 2 courses that we take together with the SLP students, and 2 electives, which we can choose from any relevant graduate course the university offers. Then there are the clinical hours required in different areas, like for example, you will not earn all that many hearing aid hours in an SLP program, and you won't earn any diagnostic hours either. Bottom line is you might save yourself from having to take maybe 4-5 courses if you get the SLP degree first and then go for your AuD. That is not a lot -- you probably couldn't even shave a semester off because of courses being offered only once a year, but you might have a slightly lighter load some semesters.